vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

DPF issues please help!

Go down 
+3
Ben
supersterl
mister t
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mister t

DPF issues please help! Empty
PostSubject: DPF issues please help!   DPF issues please help! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Hello, this is my first post and I don't know if this is in the right area, but here goes...
I have a 2007 Zafira 1.9CDTi, what I need to know is can you replace the DPF? Can they be cleaned out, will this do any damage to the engine? Can I put any exhaust on?
Many thanks
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: DPF issues please help!   DPF issues please help! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Hello Mister T, moved your post to here ZAF B chat... welcome to VXZOC..

Last edited by supersterl on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: DPF issues please help!   DPF issues please help! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:29 pm

Sorry, I can't help with your question, but welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
benmeade

PostSubject: Re: DPF issues please help!   DPF issues please help! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:37 pm

The Diesel particle filter regenerates itself.
Did you ever notice a blowing sound from the exhaust and the mpg shooting up for about 10 mins also it gives off a burning smell if sitting at lights or around town.
If its motorway milage you do then you prob never noticed
Back to top Go down
martinh

PostSubject: Re: DPF issues please help!   DPF issues please help! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:30 pm

hello, well found out yesterday mine will need replacing also!!! Fitted a new egr but car not able to regen itself as its not getting enough air due to blockage in Dpf.. cost of new one £883!!! DPF issues please help! Icon_eek But been told to try clean it out first by taking it off and sticking a power hose down it!! all this on an 08 car..only had it just over a week!!! oh why did I buy a vauxhall?? my 10 year old subaru never missess a beat!!
Anyway anyone know where I might pick up or buy a new Dpf/cat replacment a hell off a lot cheaper!! DPF issues please help! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
benmeade

PostSubject: Re: DPF issues please help!   DPF issues please help! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:21 pm

If you stick on a Dpf/cat replacement will this not cause it to fail an mot because of emmisions???

Can you get hold of an op-com and force a regen?

Will look at my op-com software because i "think" a new Dpf needs coding to the car.
Back to top Go down
martinh

PostSubject: Re: DPF issues please help!   DPF issues please help! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:34 pm

well thats what the main dealers tried yest but not enough air getting through!!they narrowed it down to dpf after checking all pipes and sensors!! When I say replacment I mean a non genuine part!!
Back to top Go down
saffy58

PostSubject: Re: DPF issues please help!   DPF issues please help! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Check on ebay , someone in london fit service exchange for about £275.
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

PostSubject: Re: DPF issues please help!   DPF issues please help! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:11 pm

i read somewhere on one of the vauxhall sites that a chap took his dpf off and put it in a bin full of caustic soda and left it soaking overnight then power hosed it though he said it came out like brand new, might be worth a try, thats what i will try if mine gets blocked up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DPF issues please help!   DPF issues please help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DPF issues please help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
vxzoc.com  :: ZAFIRA B CHAT-
Jump to: