vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!

Go down 
+6
supersterl
IAN74
steve_ti
clarky69
topladz
djmighty
10 posters
AuthorMessage
djmighty

Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Empty
PostSubject: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi all,
Hope you can help me out, so my situation is I am needing to get rid of my lovely A3 for a family car for Baby, massive dog etc.

2 choice I have are Ford Focus c- Max, looking at 2006 1.8 TDCI or 1.9TDI Energy 120BHP 2007 Zafira. My Budget is around the £9500 mark!

I have read so many things I am going mad so thought i would ask for some advice from the good people on here for your comments.

Good and Bad please :-)
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:00 pm

firstly hi and welcome to the bus crew

secondly what ever make of car you go for you will always hear of bad things going wrong with them

the zafira 1.9cdti 120bhp is a very good motor with plenty of punch and you can get tunining boxs for them which can add upto 30bhp with one

my friend as focus s max and wants to change it for zafira as its a lot bigger
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Hello and welcome to the site mate, can't really comment on performance or consumpition, however used to have a focus 2.0 tdci, at 70mph in sixth gear on motorway consumption was excellent, apart from that consumption nothing startling.
Driving, got a zaf b and love it, had a c max on holiday last year, found it more van like, might just be me, + you get 2 extra seats in the zaffy!
hopes this helps a bit.
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:11 pm

welcome to vxzoc mate
Back to top Go down
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:30 pm

hello and welcome to the site . vx all the way bud if it was me.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Welcome to VXZOC

The Zafira is larger than the focus C max,Volume wise, being it seats 7 and the focus C max 5
Remember that the rear 2 seats of the Zaf fold away into floor and cant be seen so plenty of room for your Dog..too..
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 am

hello and welcome to the site, vx gets the thumbs up from me
Back to top Go down
pcmight

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:03 pm

My choice would be the Zaf, wife got a focus and can't fault it lovely ride and handling good, but as said before 7 seats and good power in the Zaf would do it for me.
Back to top Go down
madmalc917

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm

welcome, i am a self employed mechanic, in my honest opinion stay away from the newer ford diesels as they suffer from turbo problems at about 70k, it's caused by quite a complex problem and to rectify the problem the only thing to do is to fit a new engine and turbo, i have done a couple of these, and one of my paint suppliers had several lease hire c-max/focus's and all but one suffered from the same issue so in my opinion go for a zaf
Back to top Go down
Milly-gsi
Mod
Mod
Milly-gsi

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:17 am

welcome to the site
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!   Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello all, and advice please for someone in a pickle!!
Page 1 of 1