vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption

Go down 
+2
supersterl
daz131
6 posters
AuthorMessage
daz131

DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption Empty
PostSubject: DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption   DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:59 am

HI all some really cool advice on here....so can anyone tell me fisrtly if they have had the same problem and secondly how to fix it if its broken DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption Icon_biggrin
when idle it sits at around 750-800rpm
when you squeeze the accelerator there is like a 2 second delay with what i can only describe as a huffing/wheezing noise its very brief but i know its there(you know what i mean)
and being a 1.8i club when on the motorway your looking at 4000rpm for 80mph with an accelerated consumption of fuel to drive to bognor and back to croydon your looking at 2segs of fuel that doesnt seem right........will look forward to all of your useful comments and ideas thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption   DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Hello and welcome to VXZOC daz131

im sure that some of our 1.6/1.8 zaf b owners will help you out with your questions when they look on line..
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption   DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:54 pm

daz131 wrote:
HI all some really cool advice on here....so can anyone tell me fisrtly if they have had the same problem and secondly how to fix it if its broken DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption Icon_biggrin
when you squeeze the accelerator there is like a 2 second delay with what i can only describe as a huffing/wheezing noise its very brief but i know its there(you know what i mean)
and being a 1.8i club when on the motorway your looking at 4000rpm for 80mph with an accelerated consumption of fuel to drive to bognor and back to croydon your looking at 2segs of fuel that doesnt seem right........will look forward to all of your useful comments and ideas thanks in advance
Hi mate i have a 1.6 zaf b, tick over the same as yours, but no delay, i was hitting about 4000rpm @ 80 but that was with 6 on board, thought yours should be less with it being a 1.8, sorry can't help with the problems, but thought i would give you something to compare.
Back to top Go down
southwicksmiffy

PostSubject: Re: DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption   DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

hey there. i have a 2006 1.8sri which sits at around 4000rpm at 80mph. i think thats just how they roll with the 5spd close ratio gearbox im afraid!! (i now sit at 65mph at just over 3000rpm. takes longer to get there but returns about 48mpg that way with 7 on board and a double buggy in the boot!!) as for your other question, i cant help you there, sorry.
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption   DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:06 pm

daz131 wrote:

I have seen on here another member had a similar problem which turned out to be related to the throttle body housing. Have you checked for air leaks in the air intake to the throttlebody?

Sadly regards your other queries I couldn't say but definately worth doing a search on this board as i'm sure its a recent thread

Hope this helps

Roy
Back to top Go down
carbs1981
carbs1981

PostSubject: Re: DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption   DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:02 am

Have you tried to calculate your mpg at all. You should probably be looking at low 30's as an average. If you have a full load though expect a few mpg less. With high fuel prices it's surprising how little you get to your money nowadays
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption   DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DELAY IN ACCELERATOR & Fuel consumption
Page 1 of 1