vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

brake fluid change

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
garryhucker

brake fluid change Empty
PostSubject: brake fluid change   brake fluid change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:19 pm

im a looking to change my brake fluid in the near future, ive done many things wiv cars, but have never changed the brake fluid.

ive looked through this forum on as many topics on this subject as i can find, thought i might post another sorry.

is it just a case of undoing the nipples on all four pipes then draining by pumping the brake pedal.
then when filling back up pump pedal again the bleed it all through.

or is what i just a said a load of cowboy.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

brake fluid change Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake fluid change   brake fluid change Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:46 pm

do as you would bleeding the brakes..resevoir cap off ,bleed futhest nipple from resevoir first, till resevoir is on lowest level,,then top up with new fluid to max ,then bleed same nipple again till new clean fluid appears..then lock nipple and move on to next furthest nipple ,top up resivoir to max and bleed that one till new fluid comes through ,keep check on resevoir, lock when new fluid come through ,check resevoir ,then move ont to next furthest from resevoir bleed till new fluid comes through,lock.. check /top up resevoir then bleed last nipple till new clean fluid comes through.top up resevoir to max level , try brakes .....job done..
Back to top Go down
rickard

brake fluid change Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake fluid change   brake fluid change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:09 pm

allways a difficult job if your doing it on your own , it can be done ,dont get me wrong but if you let the level in the resevoir empty you end up with a bigger job to do . I've used the Ezi-bleed system for 30 years now and the supplied reservoir caps supplied still fit the modern cars ,it makes a superb job of either bleeding the brakes or changing all the fluid . You fill the bottle with new ,clean brake fluid , pressurise the system by attaching the supplied Ezi-Bleed tubing to the front wheel tyre after screwing the cap onto the reservoir . Simply undo the bleed nipple [one at a time ] using the sequence in the above post . Have a small lenght of pipe attached to the nipple , the pipe will go into a jam jar to collect the waste fluid . You can normally see the old dirty fluid going into the jar . When fresh fluid appears , tighten up the bleed nipple .You can do all 4 brake cylinders on the one Ezi-bleed fill and without pumping any pedels and re-filling the resevoir .I was amazed to see a Ezi-Bleed system the other week for about £15 , there still made and being sold after all these years . Well worth buying and keeping one in your tool kit .
Back to top Go down
garryhucker

brake fluid change Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake fluid change   brake fluid change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:06 pm

thanks for that i may have to look into, where can i buy them, do halfords sell them?
Back to top Go down
rickard

brake fluid change Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake fluid change   brake fluid change Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 pm

I would think they will sell them , but I've just dug out the flyer from one of the cash 'n' carrys I go to :jtf Wholesale . Eezibleed brake and clutch bleeding system , using air pressure from a spare wheel it will effortlessly bleed hydraulic systems . SRP £19.99 , jtf price £14.99 .
Real bargain . I bet somewhere like ebay will sell them .hth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

brake fluid change Empty
PostSubject: Re: brake fluid change   brake fluid change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

brake fluid change
Page 1 of 1