vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

False Alarms

Go down 
+4
madgezza
chanley2007
topladz
seagull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
seagull
seagull

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:53 pm

False Alarms Kopfschuettel Hi all. My Zafiras alarm has started to go off for no reason especially when its hot. Any ideas pls. Can I disable it without affecting the central locking? Cheers
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:56 pm

it maybe going off because the car battery maybe on its way out mine used to do untill i changed mine.

hi and welcome to the bus crew
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
seagull
seagull

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Do you mean the main car battery or the alarm battery back up?
Back to top Go down
chanley2007
chanley2007

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi seagull, i had the same problem, changed the battery back up and it kept doing it!! turned out it was bad connections on the main battery, gave them a clean and it sorted it!! good luck regards chris
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:26 pm

yeah the main battery bud just have play round first with the connections
Back to top Go down
seagull
seagull

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Thanks for the advice guys. I will first have a play with the battery connections and see what happens. Cheaper than buying a new car battery!! I will let you know what happens. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:20 pm

any time bud
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:27 pm

common prob is the battery back siren or bonnet sensor
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:35 pm

sometimes on very hot days mine would go off...but only on very hot days...also make sure that no spiders or flys are near the interior sensors..

if it happens again, try turn off the interior sensors (by holding in the two front light switches at same time ) and see if it goes off again..if so you might need new batteries in your sonic alarm..or a new alarm ..
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:22 pm

Another one is check the rear quarter windows and see if you have the alarm strip in them. These expand and contract causing false alarms and really easy to fix.

Open up the stowaway compartments in the boot and stuff your hand in there and feel up the corner of the window and pull off the connectors. Fit each connector to either side of a 20amp blade fuse and tape up with electrical insulation tape. Job done.

I did this to both my windows, took less than half an hour and stopped the false alarms.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:25 pm

dreamvictim wrote:
Another one is check the rear quarter windows and see if you have the alarm strip in them. These expand and contract causing false alarms and really easy to fix.

Open up the stowaway compartments in the boot and stuff your hand in there and feel up the corner of the window and pull off the connectors. Fit each connector to either side of a 20amp blade fuse and tape up with electrical insulation tape. Job done.

I did this to both my windows, took less than half an hour and stopped the false alarms.

handy bit of info , must remember this..just in case.. False Alarms Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:38 pm

Yes Sterl False Alarms Icon_wink

It's the first thing I would check when experiencing false alarms because it's so easy and cheap to do.

Shall I post up a how to do you think?
Back to top Go down
BBmadness
BBmadness

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:37 pm

I was having the same issues only thing was mine was going off in the middle of the night waking the neighbours up so as you can imagine not too happy. Played with th connections and hey presto no more false alarms

Handy to know about the rear quartr glass too
Back to top Go down
http://www.saexecutivetravel.co.uk
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:23 pm

dreamvictim wrote:
Yes Sterl False Alarms Icon_wink

It's the first thing I would check when experiencing false alarms because it's so easy and cheap to do.

Shall I post up a how to do you think?

yes by all means post up a how to... in the HOW TO section , i think it might help people sort a few alarm faults..
Back to top Go down
seagull
seagull

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi guys. Sorry have not been around for a while. Thanks for all the advice. Cleaned up the battery connections but no difference! Thing is it now goes off in any weather but only when driven! If I drive it, leave it unlocked for an hour or two and then lock it's ok. But if i lock straight after driving it goes off after about half an hour! Strange!
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:48 pm

it sounds like 1 of the sensor's are dodgy in side the car, it thinks there is something moving inside, but there isnt.

failing that a faulty earth on an alarm makes it go off. False Alarms Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
seagull
seagull

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi. Thanks for all the advice. I think it was the back up battery as I have disconnected it and for about two weeks now have not had any false alarms! Hope not speaken to soon thou! cheers
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 am

but surely if you have disconnected the sonic alarm that why you cant hear it going off..

but you havent sorted the problem..a new sonic alarm fitted and coded to your car cost about £120 from vauxhall..if you cant replace the batteries yourself which is quite hard..there is a how to on another site somewhere..

but i would rather fork out £120 to have my car safe and alarm going off if nessesary than find my Zafs been stolen..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

False Alarms Empty
PostSubject: Re: False Alarms   False Alarms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

False Alarms
Page 1 of 1