please use vxzoc.com

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterGalleryLog inDonate
Site stickers are NOW BACK IN STOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!
This forum is now CLOSED! Please visit our new site - www.vxzoc.com

Share | 

Opinions please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gaz42

PostSubject: Opinions please   Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi all
I am thinking of spraying my front grille black as I want to get rid of the chrome. What do think it would look like? This is a cheap option until I can get myself a proper one. I have the later zaf A grille with the full chrome surround. Also should I spray the griffin badge aswell or leave it chrome? Any advice welcome.

Cheers all
Gaz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Robbo
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:13 am

Probably easier to spray the whole thing, otherwise you're gonna be messing around with masking tape.

What type of grille are you after?

I paid £40 for an irmscher replica and I know you can get cheaper ones which are just a badgeless version of the one you have. So you don't need to spend lots of money on a grille.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rusty27

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:02 am

I'd say give it a go mate, I did it on my zaf b, not sure how your grille is held together but the chrome parts on mine came away. I did have to prize off the griffin as it's moulded on the back, but a little super glue and it's back on. I put some pics up on here somewhere, cost about 20 quid for primer, paint and laquer, then a few different grades of wet and dry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BBmadness

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:24 am

gaz42 wrote:
Hi all
I am thinking of spraying my front grille black as I want to get rid of the chrome. What do think it would look like? This is a cheap option until I can get myself a proper one. I have the later zaf A grille with the full chrome surround. Also should I spray the griffin badge aswell or leave it chrome? Any advice welcome.

Cheers all
Gaz

Hi mate

I sprayed mine on the weekend just gone. Three or four screws on inside of the bonnet, whole grille comes out then there are clips inside the grille which should pop the chrome off. Only thing i will say is that when you have sprayed it black you will notice that the grille is a grey black not black black!!!! pic of mine all done below

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.saexecutivetravel.co.uk
gaz42

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Thanks for the advice. I think that I will do it. It looks much better in black
Back to top Go down
View user profile
supersterl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:07 pm

i saw a astra ,one of the members that i went to show with sunday that had a sprayed black /over the chrome grille ....looked a little crappy as the paint that was over the chrome showed all the stone chips (more noticable because it was shineyish too )..so i would think about getting a after market one..take a look in the recommended company section of the site..look at FK and LMF to se if theres anything you like..FK is from germany and there prices are really good and delivery very fast too..

gaz42

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:50 pm

supersterl wrote:
i saw a astra ,one of the members that i went to show with sunday that had a sprayed black /over the chrome grille ....looked a little crappy as the paint that was over the chrome showed all the stone chips (more noticable because it was shineyish too )..so i would think about getting a after market one..take a look in the recommended company section of the site..look at FK and LMF to se if theres anything you like..FK is from germany and there prices are really good and delivery very fast too..

Thanks Serl I'll have a look mate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions please   Today at 12:54 pm

Back to top Go down

Opinions please
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1