please use vxzoc.com

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterGalleryLog inDonate
Site stickers are NOW BACK IN STOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!
This forum is now CLOSED! Please visit our new site - www.vxzoc.com

Share | 

earth mod ..z20let engine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
supersterl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: earth mod ..z20let engine   Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:03 am

Z20LET turbo engine..

Got the engine/spanner light come on tonight and the tick over slows down from 750rpm to 500rpm and sounds like its going to stall..this came on a couple of times in the last month..and went off again....did the pedal test and got fault codes 0170 ,, 0170 again ,,1106 ,,
so i will look at the car with op-com tonight and see what i can find and reset the codes also.. then try her again tomorrow...see if it comes on again..

1106 refers to map sensor reading fault and looking at internet to find cure, it give an option of doing a field remedy from 2006 called the earth mod...finding 4 earth wires that are connected together from the AFM,map sensor and coolant temp sensor ..

hopefully i will look for this wiring and re crimp the wires to eliminate this causing the problem..will also take pics and post a HOW TO if all goes well..

BBmadness

PostSubject: Re: earth mod ..z20let engine   Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:27 am

supersterl wrote:
Z20LET turbo engine..

Got the engine/spanner light come on tonight and the tick over slows down from 750rpm to 500rpm and sounds like its going to stall..this came on a couple of times in the last month..and went off again....did the pedal test and got fault codes 0170 ,, 0170 again ,,1106 ,,
so i will look at the car with op-com tonight and see what i can find and reset the codes also.. then try her again tomorrow...see if it comes on again..

1106 refers to map sensor reading fault and looking at internet to find cure, it give an option of doing a field remedy from 2006 called the earth mod...finding 4 earth wires that are connected together from the AFM,map sensor and coolant temp sensor ..

hopefully i will look for this wiring and re crimp the wires to eliminate this causing the problem..will also take pics and post a HOW TO if all goes well..

I have that very same code so when you do find them definately post a HOW TO
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.saexecutivetravel.co.uk
supersterl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: earth mod ..z20let engine   Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:39 am

BBmadness Z20LET turbo engine..

I have that very same code so when you do find them definately post a HOW TO[/quote]

will definatly bo doing it the next weekend..although i took car today and no codes have come up at all...but will still do the field remedy..and the HOW TO

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: earth mod ..z20let engine   Today at 12:53 pm

Back to top Go down

earth mod ..z20let engine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1