vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

got me self some eibach for the bus

Go down 
+2
supersterl
madgezza
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:23 pm

i didnt really like the idea of coil overs , didnt think they look as strong and tough as normal style shocks and springs...
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:51 pm

totaly agree with sterl about coilovers as i bought a set and sold them straight away as there build quality was rubbish and i didnt stust them.
i have the same shocks as MR ZAFINATOR the bilstien b4 but ive got the 19s on my bus so we will soon see how good of a ride it is lol. i like quite a firm ride as my personal opinion of the zaf standard suspention is its way too soft but everyone is different.
Back to top Go down
THE ZAFINATOR
THE ZAFINATOR

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:46 pm

ok chaps our mission is to find someone that makes a suspension set for the zaf thats low but not to low firm but not to firm and that will take 19,s the challenge is on ,hope the springs work for chris,not sure if b4,s are all there cracked up to be ,ill see what i can find
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:06 pm

i thought the b4s are way better than the standard shocks they come with
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

I've got 30mm Eibach springs all round with B4's on the front and standards on the rear. The rear is a lot lower than the front and does rub sometimes over big bumps, I was hoping that putting B4's on the rear aswell would stop it. So are you saying I need better than B4's to stop the rubbing?
Back to top Go down
THE ZAFINATOR
THE ZAFINATOR

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:19 pm

right just been looking around on the net ,and they are saying that eibacks are best suited to a b6 or b8 ,or any uprated shocker with sorter piston rods that you can adjust the damping ,b4s are best suited for standard shocks ,trouble is there like 200 a corner,i no what you mean by lower at the back ,
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Yeah I noticed how expensive they are, think I will stick with B4's got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

The front is lovely and firm on B4's but it's not too hard. I just think the backs are more prone to rubbing because it is that bit lower.
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:28 pm

there is something you can use on the rear to stop the rubbing?????
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Just looked on LMF Vauxhall it says that the B6's are "Ideally suited to the Eibach range of high performance springs"

£193.05 each for the fronts
£115.20 each for the rears got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Affraid

But tbh i'm really happy with the fronts on B4's they are only

£56.00 each for the front
£36.00 each for the rear
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:39 pm

im the same ill stick with the b4s as im not realy willing to spend around £600+ on suspention. dont think you will ever get a full kit cheap as you get what you pay for. theres full kits around from about £180 to around the £300 mark but none of them are going to be much cop.
Back to top Go down
THE ZAFINATOR
THE ZAFINATOR

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:55 pm

yea its not cheap ,if you want to stiffen up the back fit caravan asisters ,they fit inbetween the spring and stiffen them right up
Back to top Go down
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 pm

is there nothing from an astra or vectra that can be used? the astra van can be sat on its arse surely the parts will swap over if the hubs are same.
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:11 pm

thats where the weight issue would come into it for swapping from an astra or vectra
Back to top Go down
GsiColey

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:50 pm

ive got koni adjustables with eibachs all round on my bus i cant tell you where they come from though and obviously the ride is your own preference ive got it set quite firm
Back to top Go down
GsiColey

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:53 pm

on the weight issue there is 310kg between an astra gsi and the zafira so i cant see parts being able to be swapped with any degree of safety shame really
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:48 pm

i fitted koni sport adjustable ride shocks and koni sport matching springs to sons Astra Gsi (made to drop the gsi lower than standard..) and we have that set on quite a hard/firm ride and its a great ride ..

but hes looking to going back to eibachs ,, as before the front end smash it was fitted with eibach shocks and springs and was lower and harder than it is now..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got me self some eibach for the bus   got me self some eibach for the bus - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

got me self some eibach for the bus
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2