vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

carbon filter?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

carbon filter? Empty
PostSubject: carbon filter?   carbon filter? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 9:58 pm

I changed my pollen filter today. on the way to work i popped into local motor factors collected the only pollen listed for my model and year. upon finally getting the old filter out discovered they were different. so went back to motor factors and was informed that the one i had took out was a carbon filter!!! . so i had to adapt the the new paper filter slightly to fit. has anyone else come across this and if so what is the purpose of a carbon filter? am i losing out by not using one?
Back to top Go down
THE ZAFINATOR
THE ZAFINATOR

carbon filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: carbon filter?   carbon filter? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:39 pm

I take were are talking about a zafira a ,as there all the same filter never heard of a carbon filter for one and you shouldnt have to modify it to fit it should go straight in
Back to top Go down
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

carbon filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: carbon filter?   carbon filter? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 7:50 am

yeah on an x reg. the one i got from motorfactors had a big plastic panel sticking out one side so i had to cut that off. cos it overlapped the recess for the seal.and it was slightly larger
Back to top Go down
scottie2065
Trader
Trader
scottie2065

carbon filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: carbon filter?   carbon filter? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 10:07 am

carbon pollen filters are supposed to be more efficient in filtering than paper filters, i run my car without the pollen filter as when i was last servicing the car the motor factors didn't have a pollen filter in stock and my heater on full blast could be compared to a slight breeze
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecochiptuning.co.uk
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

carbon filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: carbon filter?   carbon filter? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:58 am

nice one cheers.couldnt get my head around y you would use carbon to filter air!
Back to top Go down
pyro_maniac

carbon filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: carbon filter?   carbon filter? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 9:33 am

the carbon filters are supposed to help reduce the smells that enter your cabin
not sure if they work or not, had a carbon filter on my vectra and still got smells in the car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

carbon filter? Empty
PostSubject: Re: carbon filter?   carbon filter? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

carbon filter?
Page 1 of 1