vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
etaf

Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Empty
PostSubject: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:57 pm

Hope this in correct forum

I have an O4 plate zafira which keeps blowing the rear wiper fuse - the wiper works for a short while - I suspect its a cable shorting that may be the issue
I planned to have alook and see if the wire was shorting by at the top of the door or at the top of the body - BUT would like to see some instructions on how to access these areas
AND
also if anyone has had this problem before and what cause it - so i could save some time - fault finding
Back to top Go down
bud1970
Mod
Mod
bud1970

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 9:53 pm

does the wiper stop and start before the fuse blows???
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:22 pm

May sound like a daft suggestion but do you hear the relay kicking in when you turn the rear wipe on or does the fuse short before this, my old Zaffy you could here the relay kicking in when you turned on the rear wiper.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:23 pm

i can mine does my head head in lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:45 pm

im going to be listening for mine tomorrow (never noticed it before)
Back to top Go down
etaf

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:24 pm

my wifes car - not really carried out a lot of fault finding
the rear wiper works fine when I replace the fuse and then a day later did not work - so I replaced again and it all worked - again later it did not work -
So I assume its when she opens the backdoor - which she will do on almost every trip - hence the question on cable in the door - apparently the rear door cable is a common fault on zafira !!!!
seems logical - if its all working fine and then stops - it may be the door
I intend to buy a few fuses and start fault finding - but before that I wanted to see some instructions / diagrams for getting at the cable on the door - so when I start pulling the car apart - I know what to do

thanks for the replies - I was expecting to get an email notification for a reply - but this does not happen - worked on the introductions
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:35 pm

you have to click on the watch topic at the bottom of the page mate

it does sound like its a short somewhere for the fuse to keep going like that
Back to top Go down
etaf

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:13 pm

Quote :
you have to click on the watch topic at the bottom of
the page mate
- I noticed that when I first posted and it says

Stop
watching this top
ic

just realised - I got the email this time .... strange all I did was answer

Quote :

it does sound like its a short somewhere for the fuse to keep going
like that
Yea, I would like to see some instructions on how to get at the cable - theres two rubber connectors each side of the top of the door - but its getting behind the top frame on the door and roof on the car side
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:15 pm

we could with a pdf of the manual that way we would have everything
Back to top Go down
etaf

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Quote :
we could with a pdf of the manual that way we would have everything
does that exist - or do i need to go and buy a haynes manual - was hoping for something off the web
I support a forum www.techguy.org on PCs and computers etc and the amount of information available is enough to do most jobs - even foir a beginner
Back to top Go down
bud1970
Mod
Mod
bud1970

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 pm

right before ye go and start ripping looms out, get yourself the lend of a wiper motor and try it in for a few days. i had this problem in mine and thought the same as you, that it was a short. two days of fault finding later and i discovered after stripping down the wiper motor that the plastic guides for the actuator had worn and was intermittently jamming my wiper motor, causing the fuse to blow!!!. so check that out first. you could save yourself a lot of work. btw i couldn't get a zaf wiper motor cheap enough so atm i've modified a nissan one to fit......
Back to top Go down
etaf

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 pm

thanks for that
Quote :
plastic guides for the actuator had worn and was intermittently jamming
my wiper motor,
can you explain a little further - is this something easy to see - or only when you dismantle - anything i might notice if i looked
And also how do you get the motor etc all out
Back to top Go down
bud1970
Mod
Mod
bud1970

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 pm

gotta dismantle the wiper motor, its easy enough to remove, just remove the plastic panel on the bootlid, remove the wiper arm, unscrew the big nut over the spindle, take out the 4 (i think) bolts that hold the motor in, disconnect the plug and bob's your teapot, lad!!! if the guides in the wiper motor are worn then its a replacement job i'm afraid, i tried everything to get mine to work to no avail.....
Back to top Go down
etaf

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Well I took the back door cover off - checked all the cables and run the wiper with the back off - closing and slamming the back door - at it kept on working - so put all back together and it stil keep running..

and been working all ok for the last month - so no idea what that was all about ...

thanks for all the help though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse   Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zafira 04 - Rear Wiper blowing fuse
Page 1 of 1