please use vxzoc.com

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterGalleryLog inDonate
Site stickers are NOW BACK IN STOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!
This forum is now CLOSED! Please visit our new site - www.vxzoc.com

Share | 

What made you buy it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: What made you buy it?   Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:40 am

Ok fokes what made you buy a Zaffy in the first place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bud1970
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:50 am

easy. had a renault 19 before the zaf, also have 5 kids, so lets do the maths, renault 19 + 5 kids = breaking the law, so had to buy a 7 seater. the zaf came up around the right time, so i tearfully parted with 13,000 notes of euroage for what was then a 3 year old zaf with 35k on the clock. touch wood she's not let us down yet........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 am

same reason here, had a vectra before with 4 kids so just couldnt go anywhere so got one before the forth was due. the mrs came with me to pick it up when she had a week to go and was a 7 hour round trip with good roads and of corse they wasnt (10 hours latter).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
topladz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:44 am

same as really 3 kids in back of a vectra was a no go so had to better i wasnt going from a 3.0ltr vec to a slower car the turbo had to be the one
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vxzoc.com
denzzz28

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:39 pm

well first of all the size, its not as big as the toyota previas or the ford galaxy but big enough for my family, i like the idea that its like a stretched astra. meaning my wife can also drive it.

the foldable rear seats was the main attraction for me at the time i thaught it was very genius. i came to like more the more i drove it because its just like a normal car and it doesnt feel like a van to be honest.

the advert "daddy cool" is probably spot on when it comes to why we bought the Zafira.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maddog

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:56 am

had a meriva although a great family car wasnt very stylish plus we started doing a lot of camping so needed somthin a bit bigger, love the zaffy great car and a nice drive,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Milly-gsi
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:16 am

i had a vec gsi b4 and i had another child (3) and cudnt fit 3 car seat in the vec and my dad has had afew zaf gsi's and i said il always own one and thought sod it n bought one.. now have another child on way so need a 7seater now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dufc3125

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Ive only got 2 kids and initialy fancied an astra gsi, but due to only having a licence 2 years insurance was through the roof, the zaffy was nearly £400 less a year. deffo wouldnt go back now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
supersterl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Had a very Fast 1992 Cavalier SRI...For 8years prior to Zaf GSI and decided that after reaching 235000 miles on the clock in it to treat myself to something newer.....my son had bought an Astra GSI in arden blue (love the colour) a year before i got the Zaf and i loved the feel of driving it around..It was 10 fold better than my Cavi...so i thought i would get an Astra gsi for myself..but then my other son who had to little daughter already (whom i carry around every where as he or his wife cant drive) had a pair of twin girls making there family a family of 6,and i said to my son with the Astra.that put the Astra out of the plan...and he came up with the idea of a GSI turbo Zafira in arden blue...
the next day he told me he found one in exmouth 15 miles away...
We went down that evening and i bought it... havent regretted it at all..
had it 17 months now..

clarky69

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:53 am

needed an occasional 6/7 seater, so didn't really want a galaxy or similar, so went looking at zaffs, read some horror stories about the diesels and their filters clogging up, so went for a petrol. bought a 1.6 which is doing me fine at the moment, will definatly be replacing this bus with another one when the time comes around, will probably go for bigger engine next time, After being on here and seeing the pictures i might start saving for a VXR!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
silver zaffy gsi

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:04 am

Well im the same really, have to kids from previous n my partner has 2 kids so the Veccy had to go, misses wanted us to get 7 seater, I said yes she said you choose so i did, love it loads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
craig

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:25 am

Had a Primera before (it died) the wife said she wanted a 7 seater heard horror stories about the galaxy/sharan so that was out the question then the wife saw the zaffy in auto trader, bought it about a month ago and not looked back since the only thing wrong so far is the dreaded EGR valve that needs changing £160 ouch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 am

same here 3 kids wanted the space but didn't want a tank and the zafira fitted the bill. plus it looks nice goes well even standerd and its a goreous blue lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
topladz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:46 am

craig wrote:
Had a Primera before (it died) the wife said she wanted a 7 seater heard horror stories about the galaxy/sharan so that was out the question then the wife saw the zaffy in auto trader, bought it about a month ago and not looked back since the only thing wrong so far is the dreaded EGR valve that needs changing £160 ouch!

which zafira have you got buddy

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:57 pm

i had a vx220 turbo before the vxr and with four kids it just did'nt work. so i got a galexy but didnt like it. got the vxr and love it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ni-vaux.co.uk
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:01 pm

got to be the space and the flexability of the zaf.i'm married with 2 kids.
my parents and my wife's parents are getting on a bit so with the zaf we can still take one set of parents out for the day if we fancy it. after having the 'bus' now for around 9 months we love it and will definately have another one when the time comes but i feel the same as clarky69 and will be getting one with a bit more oooommmphh than the 1.6.

Zafira B Life 'Extra'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
confusedh

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:49 pm

since learning to drive i've had a galaxy, puma,megane,sharan,frontera,puma and now a zaffy

my youngest son takes big doses of steroids daily and can be a bit hot tempered at times so i like to keep him away from the other kids and well i like the zafira and i like the seats and the fact the back 2 fold into the floor and the price was right lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
samba

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:00 am

Came up on the company car option list, so with four children and the family Pug 406 (7 Seater) 10 years old I went for it over the Vectra, now on my second Zafira.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
THE ZAFINATOR

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 am

Had a vectra c sri turbo and 3 boys and a tent o and a wife ,best thing ever practical and very quick ,you cant go wrong with a zafira ,i work for vw and there mpv range is s##t
Back to top Go down
View user profile
madman87

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:19 am

i have 4 kids and a mother inlaw that have to take about
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:35 pm

oh no not the mother in law. lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
H

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Sun May 02, 2010 5:38 am

well..i havent got one yet....

but the reason im going to get one is,i find the vec isnt a big enough car for the kids (got 2) but also the misses is on about another..so the vec would deffo be to small...

now i love vauxhalls...so like to keep to the same...so the zafira seems like a nice choice...i have always had a soft spot for them..especially the gsi...but never thought would be within my grasp...

i could never have a "normal" car..has to have that lil somet to it...and it just ticks so many boxes...

so has to be the zaf gsi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pyro_maniac

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Mon May 10, 2010 6:19 am

i had an 06 plate vec-c before my bus and found as my kids (i have 2) are kidding older they need more room in the back, made worse as i need the seat all the way back cuz i am a freak
also needed a more upright driving position after doing my back in at work, went to my local vx dealer to have a look about and ended up with a very good deal on my bus, very glad i made the change, more then enough room in it, more comfortable to drive and doesnt handle like a van
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dzsafi

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Tue May 11, 2010 9:07 pm

We were satisfied with my Brava 80_16V but then we moved 1200 km away and the coming of our second daughter made me start looking for a big-boot car. 6-7 weekends I did nothing but tested cars. The new Megane Grandtour 1,5 dCI had little to add to the Brava's boot. The new Octavia Combi Greenline 1,6 CR TDI was good but I needed something to compare with. Having nothing else in that category (I didn't fancy being extra charged for the brand) I started looking in the van-category. There I tested the Grand Scenic and found it very ergonomic but more like a bus. I went for a Grand Picasso for its UFO-look and great interieur but the driving turned out to be more like cruising in a boat. The Zafira was the most car-like van, so I tested all 1,7 CDTI versions (125 HP, 110 HP and ecoFLEX). Then we went for a holyday where I got a very good offer for a 125 HP Cosmo right before the closure of the air-space due to the volcanic ash from Iceland. So instead renting a car when rental fees rocketed I bought the Zaf.

I was afraid of the large A pillar and the high fuel consumption of the test-cars. The pillar turned out being acceptable, while the average for the 3000 km I have been driving is 6l/100km. I also missed the engine temp being displayed but turned out that the board computer knows it in test mode.

Q: does anybody have 1,7 CDTI Zaf? Is there a reason for "no"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zaffie gsi

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:51 am

I got no kids? I just liked it loads of space
and it's ideal ho! plus it go's like arocket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What made you buy it?   Today at 11:02 am

Back to top Go down

What made you buy it?