vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

New vaux CD player with aux input?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gazaman

New vaux CD player with aux input? Empty
PostSubject: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi all,I'm new to the forum after having a flyer put under my wiper at whitepost farm on Sunday New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_lol and i'm so far quite impressed with the forum.
I have a 1.8 16v opel zafira 2001 on an X and i'm wanting to change the tape deck...thats right....a tape deck New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_rolleyes
I would prefer a vaxhall cd player that uses the dash display. I dont have steering wheel controls so that doesn't matter.
The problem i have though is that i'd like it to also have a 3.5mm jack aux in aswell to connect an external mp3 player.

Does anyone know if such a player exists?

Thanks in advance

Gaz
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Hello mate, first of all welcome to the site.

I have a Sony MP3 player I'm thinking of selling, where abouts are you?
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:23 pm

That was me mate with the flyer glad you like the forum

as for the cd player i dont think you would get a vx one 3.5 but there are many ones out the have 3.5 jack or better still a usb port and theres connectors so you can use the mid display
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
gazaman

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Paz wrote:
Hello mate, first of all welcome to the site.

I have a Sony MP3 player I'm thinking of selling, where abouts are you?

I live in Chesterfield. Which sony player do you have?
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:36 pm

gaz are you going to come to the wollaton hall meet
Back to top Go down
gazaman

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:37 pm

topladz wrote:
That was me mate with the flyer glad you like the forum

as for the cd player i dont think you would get a vx one 3.5 but there are many ones out the have 3.5 jack or better still a usb port and theres connectors so you can use the mid display

Ah thanks mate, Id only had the zafira 1 day and found that flyer under my windscreen.....how lucky!!! Do you have any links to a head unit that can use the dash display and what connector i should get? I'm not wanting to spend a fortune so any will do.
Sorry for all the questions but the tape deck has to go asap and i want to be sure i'm getting the right one.

Thanks again

Gaz
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:46 pm

Ou have a PM mate
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:48 pm

This phone as a mind of it's own lol

You have a PM mate
Back to top Go down
gazaman

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:54 pm

Paz wrote:
This phone as a mind of it's own lol

You have a PM mate

PM'd back New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:59 pm

what model is your headunit mate most head units will work mate its the connection that makes the difference
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:00 pm

i flyered 2 zaffys on sunday which one was yours

i had a good day there lol

topladz wrote:
what model is your headunit mate most head units will work mate its the connection that makes the difference
Back to top Go down
gazaman

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:02 pm

If i was to use a cd player that doesn't use the dash display then what happens with the display? Currently if the stereo isn't on it shows the outside temp,date and time. When the stereo is on it shows outside temp and radio station.
If I was to use a stereo that doesn't ouput to this diplay then when on will it stay as temp,date and time (which i would prefer) or does the display go blank where the radio station would be displayed?
Back to top Go down
gazaman

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:04 pm

topladz wrote:

Not got one yet mate so on the lookout for one at the moment.

Gaz
Back to top Go down
gazaman

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:05 pm

topladz wrote:
i flyered 2 zaffys on sunday which one was yours

i had a good day there lol

topladz wrote:

Mine was the dark green opel 1.8 mate
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Just doesn't show the radio station, but you can buy the lead which will make this work again, this is the same with all after market head units
Back to top Go down
gazaman

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:15 am

Got a Sony MP3 player now thanks to Paz!! No more hideous tape deck :-)
Thanks Paz! Top bloke! Even fitted it for me.

Gaz
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:42 am

Glad I could help out mate, hope you was back in time fir the match lol
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:43 am

Paz wrote:
Glad I could help out mate, hope you was back in time for the match lol
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:29 am

look at that, been on the zafira scene 5 mins lol and the forum and hes had alot of help and got a new hu to

thas why i set this forum so members can help each others out makes me feel proud

keep up the good work lads
Back to top Go down
gazaman

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Hey paz, stereo all fine mate except one really annoying thing....the volume keeps going down and it says ATT ON then it go's off again and then on again etc. This only happens when i slow down (less than 20mph).
There is a button on the remote to toggle ATT ON or OFF but even when its set to OFF it still automatically turns on again.

Any ideas mate? Just wondered if any of the wiring had been altered for something when you had it mate?

Gaz
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Hope the call you got of Jacqui made sense mate. Never had a problem with it while I had it in the vectra, the only reason I took it out was Jacqui got me one with bluetooth on it as I was on the motorway alot.
Back to top Go down
gazaman

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Paz wrote:
Hope the call you got of Jacqui made sense mate. Never had a problem with it while I had it in the vectra, the only reason I took it out was Jacqui got me one with bluetooth on it as I was on the motorway alot.

Yeah I think so mate. I'll nip to halfords tomorrow to see if they have any of these http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_209859_categoryId_165626_langId_-1?cm_vc=IOV4PDPZ1
Is this what you mean?

Gaz
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:19 pm

She as used these before mate but I haven't I'll have to ask her in the morning she as already gone to bed
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Just to let everybody know it's all sorted and all it was was the att wire touching abit of body work and head unit works as it should.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 9:55 pm

a simple short causing a big hassle glad you got it sorted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New vaux CD player with aux input?   New vaux CD player with aux input? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New vaux CD player with aux input?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next