vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Zafira B Heater Q

Go down 
+2
supersterl
nixoro
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:06 am

Is there a way to reset the heating system on the Zafira B was testing the heater earlier and found more air was coming from the higher level vents than from the screen vents.
Looking to invest in a new Haynes manual in due course cause the layout is a whole lot different to the Zafira A lol.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Roy Zafira B Heater Q Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:02 pm

just found this same problem on my daughters zaf B ,, i was taking it for mot and the windscreen was frozen,, so i put on the heater ,set to screen and there seemed very little air coming out from the screen vent, but lots coming from the 2 top vents in the dash middle...
my zaf A blows out a hurricane of air from the screen vents , so i think that my daughters must not be set up right also... let me know if you sort this problem out .. as i will let you know if i sort it first..
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:53 pm

Well I ordered a Haynes through good old ebay today so something to work on in the new year.
With any luck the CIM problem as mentioned on AOC will also be resolved too.
Shall update asap
Cheers
Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 5:20 pm

yes would be interested to know what it says about the heater blower power...nixoro
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:33 am

The car is currently in a garage having the CIM wire replaced Zafira B Heater Q Icon_sad and I have given them a list as its only fair they look into the other issues at the same time Zafira B Heater Q Icon_smile.
However I shall have a good read asap and post up my findings, if they dont get to do the heating then i shall crack on and sort it myself Zafira B Heater Q Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 8:29 pm

CIM wire??
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 10:10 am

supersterl wrote:
CIM wire??

Yeah unfortunately I had only had the car a week and the airbag light came on and the horn stopped working.
Fixed by having the wire which runs down the steering column replaced Zafira B Heater Q Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 7:15 pm

oh right , what does CIM stand for any ideas?
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 am

supersterl wrote:
oh right , what does CIM stand for any ideas?
Unfotunately I dont know what it stands for my guess would be console instrument management but as I say only a guess if I find out I shall post up my findings.
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:13 pm

Update on whats hapening so far

The garage where I bought my car from requested the help of a car electrician to resolve the heater problem thought to be an issue with the heater panel however he tried the panel from my dads car and proved this was not at fault and further investigation found a possible obstruction in the box in the centre of the dash.

After speaking with the engineer he has since been given the go ahead to strip my dash down to fix the problem.

He found that the vent system is worked on a wheel system with arms that come from it and when the dials are turned motors rotate the wheel to open the vents hope this makes sense so far.

It never got finished yesterday but i was told he will be back Monday to finish the job.

Currently as I am using my Mums zaf I have said no need to put stuff back only to remove it again.

Hopefully by next week I shall be using my car again.

The problem sounds a right pig to fix and now I have the haynes would have sorted it as I like things just so but if anyone comes across this problem it maybe best to get a garage to look at it as currently the dash is almost stripped to nothing lol

Still once sorted it'd be worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:17 pm

glad to see your getting it sorted hopefully..will keep an eye on your thred here as will probly have to have a go at daughters,, hope you get it to blow really powerfull... as hers is hardly noticable at the moment on the windscreen...the rest are like hurricanes..
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:21 pm

hey nixoro its about time you added a pic of your zaf b to your profile ........so we see your nice zaf instead of that horrible drawn man that shows on threads..$terl

Last edited by supersterl on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:43 pm

Just been looking on another forum and found this :-
http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?187456-Zafira-B-Air-Distribution-Fault
Take a look well worth the read
If I can get some photo's of my car as is today i shall post them up.
Cheers
Roy
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:58 am

supersterl wrote:
hey nixoro its about time you added a pic of your zaf b to your profile ........so we see your nice zaf instaed of that horrible drawn man that shows on threads..$terl
lol shall be taking some photo's asap now I can use it Smile
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:01 am

Well I am a happy bunny the guy doing the work on my car finally came and visited yesterday he stripped the dash right down to bare bone as the problem turned out to be a shard of plastic preventing the air vent shutters opening now its all sorted so give it a couple of months and I shall be looking for a few months Smile
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:28 am

something as simple as that causing grief glad you got it sorted
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:39 pm

nixoro wrote:
Well I am a happy bunny the guy doing the work on my car finally came and visited yesterday he stripped the dash right down to bare bone as the problem turned out to be a shard of plastic preventing the air vent shutters opening now its all sorted so give it a couple of months and I shall be looking for a few months Zafira B Heater Q Icon_smile
Should say be looking for a few mods lol Smile
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 pm

is the zafira b heater problem a easy fix?, hardly getting any air onto the screen Zafira B Heater Q Icon_cry , all other positions seem ok, thought it might just be me with just changing cars? any ideas would be gratefull. Zafira B Heater Q Icon_smile

really enjoying the site Zafira B Heater Q Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:20 pm

clarky69 wrote:
is the zafira b heater problem a easy fix?, hardly getting any air onto the screen Zafira B Heater Q Icon_cry , all other positions seem ok, thought it might just be me with just changing cars? any ideas would be gratefull. Zafira B Heater Q Icon_smile

really enjoying the site Zafira B Heater Q Icon_lol

Hi Clarky69

I was lucky enough to have an auto electrician look at mine, it might be worth you having a read of the thread http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?187456-Zafira-B-Air-Distribution-Fault

It may prove useful

Nice looking zaffy by the way is it a Panacotta or silver one you have

hth

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Hi Roy
Thanks for that, if this snow stops i will get out and take a look, the lad at the garage thinks there is nothing wrong, but i'm not convinced.

The car is silver, the service book says silver lightening???.

How do you find your 1.6??, only had mine a few weeks but it seems ok.
Traded in a 2.0 tdci focus 136bhp for the zaffy, so a bit of a come down in power but needed the space.

Thanks again
Iain.
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:52 pm

clarky69 wrote:
Hi Roy
Thanks for that, if this snow stops i will get out and take a look, the lad at the garage thinks there is nothing wrong, but i'm not convinced.

The car is silver, the service book says silver lightening???.

How do you find your 1.6??, only had mine a few weeks but it seems ok.
Traded in a 2.0 tdci focus 136bhp for the zaffy, so a bit of a come down in power but needed the space.

Thanks again
Iain.

Hi Iain

Think I spoke too soon discovered on my way home from work I have air coming from the vents whatever the option selected so am abit gutted at the moment.

I have had mine since just before xmas I have to admit for what I use it for I think it's worth it, I used to run a 2.0 omega and was using a full tank covering 200mile over the week where as now i'm only using half a tank so imo alot better on fuel.

Its also quite pokey as my daily commute to work is mainly motorway driving and it doesn't struggle at 70 - 80+ if anything seems to soak it up lol and suprises the boy racers as well at times.

Think I'm gonna be taking a look at the weekend myself if the snow is over with lol

Cheers

Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 am

DOH!!! Zafira B Heater Q Icon_rolleyes
just had one of those "should have read the manual moments", after spending over 10 mins this morning trying to demist the windscreen, with no air coming out decided to take the car back to the garage.

Told the salesman my problem, no air blowing onto the screen, he came out closed all the forward facing vents and hey i now have air blowing on the screen and a bit of a red face!! Zafira B Heater Q Icon_redface So for every function apart from air blowing onto your face you need to close the vents, i'm sure i never read that in the manual. Off to make a cuppa and read the manual to see what else i have missed. LOL Zafira B Heater Q Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:55 pm

nixoro wrote:
Is there a way to reset the heating system on the Zafira B was testing the heater earlier and found more air was coming from the higher level vents than from the screen vents.
Looking to invest in a new Haynes manual in due course cause the layout is a whole lot different to the Zafira A lol.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
Cheers

quite a common problem with zaf b,
on the right of heater near clutch pedal you should see two gears (one is white i think) there should be a connecting rod between the two wheels, this rod comes off one of the gear wheels push it back on and problem should be fixed,
hope this sounds right after mixing up my drinks, thought i was drinking tea but it turned out to be fosters.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:51 pm

Still have to sort this problem out on the daughters Zaf B...
could be next weekends job....
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:21 pm

Well would you believe it I had my heating checked at Vx and they said its fine.

Not 100% convinced but so long as it works I cant complain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zafira B Heater Q Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zafira B Heater Q   Zafira B Heater Q Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zafira B Heater Q
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next