vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

my new exhaust

Go down 
+6
maddog
madgezza
dufc3125
heritage74
Milly-gsi
denzzz28
10 posters
AuthorMessage
denzzz28
denzzz28

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:07 pm

ok chaps, so here is my new exhaust.
my new exhaust IMG_0559
my new exhaust IMG_0560
my new exhaust IMG_0561
my new exhaust IMG_0563
my new exhaust IMG_0562

so here is the review:

good bits:
the built of the exhaust is very solid, the materials used are stailess steel (inside and out), the welds are seemless and the overall quality is very impressive you wouldnt think that its only £50.. yeah!! £50!! on my way to the garage i saw this shop that sells the same exhaust so i stopped by and made some inquiries. i saw the same box and they charge me £165 fitted. now for performance there was a very noticable improvement on acceleration and engine response. i wouldnt say a lot but you can tell the difference.

bad bits:
there is only one bad thing about this exhaust, and its the sound it makes....! i really thought for a big box it would make a big roaring sound, but it doesnt. its very quite. it has a very low tone but thats just about it. the sound my induction kit makes on high revs is about the same as the box. so its not really what ive expected, i was expecting at 3 times louder than that. im quite disappointed because i was hoping to make my car noticibly loud but not iritating.

to wrap up im verry please on the looks and the added BHP but the quiteness really let it down, but anyway the guy who sold me the exhaust was very nice and mechanic that installed the box made a fantastic job (eventhough he was annoyingly on his mobile the whole time whilst fittting the box). im still happy with the result but i will still change it in the future for a much louder one.
Back to top Go down
Milly-gsi
Mod
Mod
Milly-gsi

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:37 pm

bear in mind it takes around 100miles for it to set in and get carboned up and will be abit louder... but looks great hun fair play
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Milly-gsi wrote:
bear in mind it takes around 100miles for it to set in and get carboned up and will be abit louder... but looks great hun fair play

just in time.. me and my family will be going to sandy bay in Exmouth tommorow for 3 nights and thats 400miles to and from. ill be observing the exhaust then. thanks milly i didnt know that my new exhaust Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Milly-gsi
Mod
Mod
Milly-gsi

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:50 pm

Lol i have had many loud exhausts in my time and they have all started off quiet and got louder, 100miles is a rough estimate but its a figure along those lines, and your down my neck of the woods i see, i love sandy bay and gutted i cant take my family there this year but have fun and by the time ur back home you will notice a difference no doubt

my miltec was like a standard exhaust when fitted was totally gutted and drove it up to pod and back and the tone was defo different.. still not as loud as id like but will sort that through taking out the resonated box and fitting a de-cat and pre cat pipe which should help alittle
Back to top Go down
heritage74
Event Manager
heritage74

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 6:39 pm

hi mate your exhaust looks really nice im going to give them a call and see if they can sort one out for me
Back to top Go down
dufc3125
dufc3125

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:44 pm

looks really good mate.
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:56 pm

heritage74 wrote:
hi mate your exhaust looks really nice im going to give them a call and see if they can sort one out for me

yeah go for it man, he's got a container full of exhaust and car accesories. they also have a website but id rather give him a call so he can give you a better discount. he's name is Habib 07852163517. he sell other things as well not just exhaust and we are just talking about putting his shop on our trade section and all VXZOC members get a 10%-15% discount. visit the website and see what other accessories they have. www.fastlanestyling.co.uk
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 7:57 pm

dufc3125 wrote:
looks really good mate.
thanks!
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:12 pm

looks good mate, if it doesnt get any louder you could always have the centre box taken out and a straight pipe welded in.
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:18 pm

madgezza wrote:
looks good mate, if it doesnt get any louder you could always have the centre box taken out and a straight pipe welded in.

thanks, i was thinking of that too, but will it affect my emmision? the last thing i want is a fail MOT test.
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:24 pm

no mate it wont change that, i used to do it to all my old car back in the day as it was a cheap mod
Back to top Go down
maddog
maddog

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:34 pm

looks great
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:42 pm

looks nice that does bud
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
denzzz28
denzzz28

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:48 pm

my first choice was the straight rounded one but the guy insisted to gave me this one he said it would look better than the round one because of the shape of my rear body kit. and he was right. and the guy who fitted it did a good job of cutting a bit of the bumper to accomodate the tip.
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 5:48 pm

looks good denzzz, good bargin aswell.
Back to top Go down
IAN74

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 8:59 pm

looks nice mate . smart job. my new exhaust Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

so here is my further test review of the exhaust. so after my weekend holiday at devon cliffs, the total milage of the exhaust so far is 432 miles since it was fitted. theres was a noticable increase in sound but still not loud enough to turn heads i would say about a 10% increase although there is a nice deep tone on low revs (2000-2500rpm). i took a peek inside the exhaust and see how much carbon built up it has made but it still not much built up so i think it probably needs to more carbon built up (makes me think that my engine has a good emission my new exhaust Icon_razz ) to have that nice deep roary sound. ill keep you posted
Back to top Go down
griffo

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:31 pm

looks good mate and fits nice and close to the bumper too proper job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my new exhaust Empty
PostSubject: Re: my new exhaust   my new exhaust Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my new exhaust
Page 1 of 1