vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Single Rear Fog

Go down 
+2
topladz
nixoro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nixoro
nixoro

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 2:21 am

As in the title I am wondering whether the second fog can be made live so the two come on like on the Zafira A
Has anyone enabled the second rear foglight I have 2 Zafira B's to do this to.
Cheers
Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:11 am

im sure you could run a wire from one side to the other
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
nixoro
nixoro

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:58 pm

topladz wrote:
im sure you could run a wire from one side to the other

Was looking at VXROnline and they have a nice little how to guide granted its missing the photo's but the text is still there.
Should be a simple mod imo Single Rear Fog Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:04 am

I have since heard you can buy the bulb holder with fog light track in place as the wiring is already there need to look into this though so shall update as soon as I 100%.
Cheers
Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:27 am

that would save a lot of hassal if you can do that mate
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:48 pm

Well discussed the possibility of getting the 2nd unit and I was told by vx they could get it however you can only have one side working left or right the onboard computer cannot be set to have both sides on at the same time, sounds daft imo Sad so this rules out that Idea.
To have the second fog enabled was suggested to have an auto electrician daisy chain the second into the loop.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:18 pm

you would only have to run a wire from one side to the other and get earth from somewhere
Back to top Go down
planetse
planetse

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:15 pm

nixoro wrote:
Well discussed the possibility of getting the 2nd unit and I was told by vx they could get it however you can only have one side working left or right the onboard computer cannot be set to have both sides on at the same time, sounds daft imo Sad so this rules out that Idea.
To have the second fog enabled was suggested to have an auto electrician daisy chain the second into the loop.

Load of rubbish from the dealer.

I have both rear fogs working in my 57 plate Zafiy.
All you need is a spare female pin (take one out of an old ISO block) 1/2m of wire and that’s it.

Feed the female pin into the plug that connects to the near side rear light; splice this into the blue/black wire running in the loom found in your boot tool tray. Job dun. You don’t even need a bulb because there is one already in there as standard.

Works fine with no canbus problems.
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:51 am

planetse wrote:
nixoro wrote:

All you need is a spare female pin (take one out of an old ISO block) 1/2m of wire and that’s it.

Feed the female pin into the plug that connects to the near side rear light; splice this into the blue/black wire running in the loom found in your boot tool tray. Job dun. You don’t even need a bulb because there is one already in there as standard.

something else to look into at the weekend Single Rear Fog Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:59 pm

clarky69 wrote:
planetse wrote:
nixoro wrote:

something else to look into at the weekend Single Rear Fog Icon_cool

done this fix to all the vauxhalls i have owned, simple job, and legal if driving abroad.
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:13 pm

Cheers for the responses I have to admit I haven't had the free time to sort this been all work work work at the moment.

Might have a look at the weekend if I can been wanting to do the airbox mod aswell but even thats had to go on hold Sad
Back to top Go down
planetse
planetse

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 5:23 pm

Please don’t bother with the Air Box mod its proven not to work, can even lead to poorer response.

All this proven on a Dyno.
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:41 pm

planetse wrote:
Please don’t bother with the Air Box mod its proven not to work, can even lead to poorer response.

All this proven on a Dyno.

Cheers for the Head's up, might have a rethink to much mixed results.

I did this to my Zaf A when i had it and it made fuel economy and response better, thought it'd be the same with the Zaf B Sad oh well.
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:05 pm

nixoro wrote:
I have since heard you can buy the bulb holder with fog light track in place as the wiring is already there need to look into this though so shall update as soon as I 100%.
Cheers
Roy Smile

bulb holder already in place just need a length of wire with a din terminal fitted to one end and join to wiring on nearside loom,
leave enough length so you can remove the light cluster.
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:28 pm

did this to my zaf b yesterday. took about 30minutes to do.
bulb holder already there, bulb already there. just run wire from fog light wire at other side and fit din terminal,connect up and job done.

regards

andromeda411
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:18 pm

topladz wrote:
that would save a lot of hassal if you can do that mate

THERE IS NO NEED TO BUY ANYTHING FOR THE LAMP AT ALL BECAUSE ITS ALL THERE ALREADY ONLY NEEDS A LENGTH OF WIREAND A DIN PLUG SOCKET TERMINAL, WIRE UP TO FOG LIGHT WIRE ON N/S OR O/F SIDE LOOM IT WOULD BE BEST TO SOLDER THE JOINT.

MINE EVEN HAD THE BULB IN THE HOLDER.
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:19 pm

topladz wrote:
you would only have to run a wire from one side to the other and get earth from somewhere

THE LAMP IS ALREADY EARTHED.
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Right seems Its a straight forward job I'm going to be doing this on two Zaf B's very soon cheers for all the advice

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:09 pm

nixoro wrote:
Right seems Its a straight forward job I'm going to be doing this on two Zaf B's very soon cheers for all the advice

Roy Smile

let us know how you get on roy.
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:49 am

clarky69 wrote:
nixoro wrote:

Roy Smile

let us know how you get on roy.

i think the fog light wire is yellow and black.
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:55 pm

my fog light wire was black with a blue stripe.
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:31 pm

andromeda411 wrote:
my fog light wire was black with a blue stripe.

quite right could not remember for a minute (thats what getting old does to you )
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Just taken a look at the rear lights behind the panel to get an idea where i'm going with this fog light Single Rear Fog Icon_scratch Can anyone give me a starting point or a detailed break down of the job Single Rear Fog Icon_study Took 1 look behind the plastic panel and put it straight back, sorry guys Single Rear Fog Icon_redface , i managed to fit my washer jets though!! Single Rear Fog Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Single Rear Fog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Single Rear Fog   Single Rear Fog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Single Rear Fog
Page 1 of 1