vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

new seats fitted but got problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
heritage74
Event Manager
heritage74

new seats fitted but got problem Empty
PostSubject: new seats fitted but got problem   new seats fitted but got problem Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:03 pm

hi guys got my full interior today fitted it all ok but got one problem
fitted the front seats and my old ones had a plug with a brown and black wire
the news seats had one plug with a green and black wire on it also a yellow wire which i think is the side airbag
no my airbag light is on when the car is running can someone tell me if ive done something wrong and also im worried if i drive the car will the air bag go off please help thanks lee
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: new seats fitted but got problem   new seats fitted but got problem Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:57 pm

you will need to do tech 2 to rest it mate dont worry they wont go off
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
heritage74
Event Manager
heritage74

PostSubject: Re: new seats fitted but got problem   new seats fitted but got problem Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:22 pm

cheers mate where do i get a tech 2 done then and roughly how much do you think it will cost
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: new seats fitted but got problem   new seats fitted but got problem Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:54 pm

ask around mate to see if any one near you as got it or take it to to vauxhall and they will do it but it's expensive there
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: new seats fitted but got problem   new seats fitted but got problem Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:22 pm

think your suppost to take the battery off before removing the seats and it doesnt turn it on. i got quoted £35 from vauxhall to use the tech 2 to program a key so should be the same price as that.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: new seats fitted but got problem   new seats fitted but got problem Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:34 pm

you should always disconnect the battery when working on anything with electrical connections for safety and especially anything involved with air bags (you should disconnect and wait for 2 mins to allow the electrical charge in the airbags to cease..so they cant fire off by mistake)..(eg undoing a plug and reconnecting can sometimes fire off an airbag if not disconnected from battery)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new seats fitted but got problem   new seats fitted but got problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new seats fitted but got problem
Page 1 of 1