vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed

Go down 
+4
samba
topladz
tomZ20LET
nixoro
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nixoro
nixoro

Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Empty
PostSubject: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:01 am

I contacted 2 vauxhall garages today and was quoted £50 + Vat as special offer and the other was £98 + Vat both Vx dealers can anyone suggest any cheaper alternatives as I had the AC done on my old car and it cost £40 thinking prices have now gone up lol

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:07 am

kwik fit 45 pounds if it dont chrge the gas you dont get charged..
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:34 pm

tomZ20LET wrote:
kwik fit 45 pounds if it dont chrge the gas you dont get charged..

Have read this before but alot of people have had bad service from them, perhaps its just me think I will try them nothing ventured nothing gained as they say

Cheers

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:40 pm

i went there last year for mine to be done took them 30 mins no probs with service i even got a coffee lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:45 am

Well this weekend was abit of a waste regards the AC I took it into Kwik Fit and the guy attempted to do it, he couldn't find the second connector and proceeded to tell me the AC sometimes can be done using one connection at which point I said i'm off as knowing my luck they may have done more damage than good so not happy at the moment.

Shall be contacting Vx stealer in the morning for a price wish me luck Smile
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:44 am

i work at kwik fit it can be done by 1 port alot of cars now only have 1 port
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:34 pm

tomZ20LET wrote:
i work at kwik fit it can be done by 1 port alot of cars now only have 1 port

Have you or any of your colleagues ever had to do a Zaf B ac regas and were you or they successful?

Hope you dont mind me asking, could do a trip to bracknell lol
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:17 pm

mine zaf was done using one port cause you cant get to the other one at the back of the engine
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:44 pm

My old Zafira B (06) was re-gassed by a local garage, they put to much gas in, as a consequence the engine revs would go from tick over to +500prm and when you were driving at say, 50mph the car would lerch as the engine raced as the compresor cut in and out, had to take it to the local VX dealers to sort out and re-gas.
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:03 pm

come down mate i will do it 100% no it works i work at the bagshot road kwik fit by the kfc
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:37 am

Probably a bit late here, but I got mine done yesterday for £59.95 by a guy that came to my house. Included in that was a vac, a leak test and a re-charge.
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:47 am

Ben wrote:
Probably a bit late here, but I got mine done yesterday for £59.95 by a guy that came to my house. Included in that was a vac, a leak test and a re-charge.

Hope you dont mind me asking but I still need to get this done can you tell me who it was you wnt with?

Cheers

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:57 am

roy come to bracknell i will do it
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:31 pm

The guy I used covers the Kent area so sadly he's too far out for you.
Back to top Go down
cavbow

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Had mine done on Friday as had to fit new Rad and only cost me £17 Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_biggrin at Audi as the wife is the Dealer accountant we got a good Staff discount.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:45 pm

a very good discount lol
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:50 pm

tomZ20LET wrote:
roy come to bracknell i will do it

TomI know you've kindly offered but unfortunately due to work being seriously busy at the moment, my dad has managed to book it into the local vx for the service so he's gonna take it in fo me.

Cant knock it I guess £50+Vat and that includes all the tests.

Cheers again, hope to catch up with you at a meet in the future.

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
iscom

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi
When my Zaf B 150 needed a new Condenser ( due to hole in it ) I bought it on the net it was 109ukp and my local garage fitted it for me while he was doing the 100,000 service ( timing chain, gear linkage, change of filters & oil) but he could not refill the gas so I bought a can from the net and did it myself ( 22ukp) and 8k miles late still ice cold
Back to top Go down
adeh

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:17 am

I remember a few years ago I bought a can of aircon gas from Halfords and did it myself. Don't know if they still sell it though. It had instructions of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed   Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aircon regas prices / recommendations help needed
Page 1 of 1