vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

funny smell issue (Zafira/B)

Go down 
+3
topladz
clarky69
lepo5
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lepo5

funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Empty
PostSubject: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:33 am

Has anyone came across this issue before? not even a month ago we purchased an o8 zafira/B design(120) and at times there is a smell of what i can only describe as rotten eggs , it can happen at any time, as i thought that it was happening when the heater was switched on, but it happes without the heater being on, the car is stil under warranty, however the garage we bought it from is about an hour and a halfs drive away, and sods law it will not happen when the car is there, anyone have any ideas as to what it might be? is it a known problem with the zafira/B? i have asked my local dealer but they do not know of a known problem like that, im stumped
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:09 pm

the cat sometimes kicks a rotten egg smell up, noticed it following some cars, but not from my own.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 2:13 pm

possibly be the cat mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
lepo5

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:28 pm

thanks for all the replies, if it is the cat, what worries me is that it can be smelt inside the car! would i get that replaced under warranty, or would vauxhall cover it?
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:12 pm

id ring them and find out mate
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 5:38 pm

topladz wrote:
id ring them and find out mate

could be the air con needs spraying with detox could be getting fungusted up.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:28 pm

true mate but wouldnt it smell worse if the aircon is on full
Back to top Go down
lepo5

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 6:36 pm

topladz wrote:
true mate but wouldnt it smell worse if the aircon is on full

that makes sense, i'll try that and see, im going out shortly, i'll give that a go.
Back to top Go down
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:01 pm

sounds like the cat to me . i have smelt mine when its gone off before . thats when i first noticed the back box had a small hole in it but not enough for it to blow. worth a look.
Back to top Go down
lepo5

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:10 pm

well folks i had the car our and tried all the heaters on aircon on etc and i could not get it to do it, if it is the back box or cat, why would i be smelling it in the car, thats the worrying bit?
Back to top Go down
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:18 pm

mine went near the join of the two pipes by the rear axel . i take it the smell just comes up into the car and as its a strong smell you get a wiff it may only be a small amount . just thought it would be worth checking out mate if it is that fingers crossed would be a cheaper fix. ats or someone like that should check it for free for you .
Back to top Go down
lepo5

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:16 pm

funny thing is that i cannot get it to do it now, im trying to pinpoint what sets it off, but no luck so far?
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:45 am

lepo5 wrote:
funny thing is that i cannot get it to do it now, im trying to pinpoint what sets it off, but no luck so far?

it may have been going through its dpf cleaning cycle.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:08 pm

the cat some times gives off a sulphur smell every now and then.. its a common thing..my zaf A gsi has done it once and the daughters Zaf B 1.6 has done it a couple of times..over the 9 months she has had it..
Back to top Go down
lepo5

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:02 am

its booked in for thursday, so im hoping it does it when they have it ?
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:23 am

let us know what you find is the cause.. funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
madman87
madman87

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 pm

it is the cat most cars do it mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: funny smell issue (Zafira/B)   funny smell issue (Zafira/B) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

funny smell issue (Zafira/B)
Page 1 of 1