vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Time for some TLC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
confusedh

Time for some TLC Empty
PostSubject: Time for some TLC   Time for some TLC Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:00 pm

I've had my zafira since febuary and am now looking for things to do to it

normaly when i get a car i just steadily start replacing things until am happy with it but just after getting it my youngest son took really ill and out second car ran out of MOT so we just didn't have the time or the chance to take it off the road for a day or 2 to do things to her but now the puma is back on the road it's time for the zafira to get some TLC

i bought it with no test or tax and put it through MOT as soon as i got it, 2 front springs and a bulb later she was good to go!

she has a couple of little issues i intend to deal with first she got new tyres on thursday after coming out from work to a flat and then realising the spare was punctured the RAC rescued me!

new EGR valve after i kept stalling after i'd driven over 40 mph

new wipers all round

new sony xplod usb/cd/bluetooth stereo with steering controls

my to do list :s

now the handbrake doesn't hold very well on a hill so i want to have this seen to first off so am thinking new brakes all round see how i go from there .... is it drums or disc's on the rear?

body work is in good condition considering age couple of scratches and a stone chip on the bonnet worst is the roof as it had a roof rack which has obviously been used alot not really sure what i can do about that...

the roof rails are pretty scratched because of the said roof rack are these easy to replace?

next the interior..... now am not keen on the seat pattern and currently have them covered with seat covers which i can live with but would like better fitting ones if at all possible

the dash.... not really a problem but it niggles me, it has a few little gouge marks on it and thinking maybe see if i can get an invisble dash repair???

once i've sorted these issues am putting money aside for the engine as i know they tend to burn oil and need an overhaul which won't be cheap! not wanting to drop another engine in there anytime soon!

so is there anything else i should budget for? any things that commonly go wrong with these i should prepare myself for?

all suggestions welcome
Back to top Go down
corsatdave

Time for some TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for some TLC   Time for some TLC Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:30 am

what zafira is it fella?
Back to top Go down
confusedh

Time for some TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for some TLC   Time for some TLC Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:40 am

it's a 2001 1.6 comfort
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

Time for some TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for some TLC   Time for some TLC Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:03 pm

I have got the same problem with my roof rails mate, they also have gaps on mine which is bugging the hell out of me lol
Back to top Go down
confusedh

Time for some TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for some TLC   Time for some TLC Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:00 pm

it's just cosmetic i know but an irritant all the same

can they be repalced as a couple of scrap yards near me have zafira's so i could just replace them and keep these ones incase i ever decide to use the roof rack
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

Time for some TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for some TLC   Time for some TLC Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:52 pm

I think so, apparently though its a roof lining out job too. Youll also need the covers for the roof trim where the racks bolt to the car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time for some TLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for some TLC   Time for some TLC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for some TLC
Page 1 of 1