vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Rear passenger door wont open.....help please

Go down 
+3
steve_ti
clarky69
ABS0305
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ABS0305
ABS0305

rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Empty
PostSubject: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi all, just joined the site hoping some one can give me some advice. I have a 2005 Zafira DESIGN CDTI 150 Diesel. Currently the rear side passenger door will not open via central locking and the child lock is on.

I have checked the yellow and black wire through the access point in the passenger door,(read in another forums) seems to be intact. I have managed to remove the door panel in the rear door and can see the lock. when i pull the handle on the out side the component works on the inside but do not re-lease the catch.....

Dont really want to have to pay £79 labor charges trough service center.
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Hello and welcome, i'm sure someone on here will shed some light on this for you.
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:52 pm

welcome to vxzoc
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:04 pm

hi and welcome to the crew
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:12 pm

hello and welcome to VXZOC ...

Cant you get to the child lock mechanism through the inside of the door with a screw driver and move it to the unlocked position...as you have the door card off..then open it from inside..
Back to top Go down
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 am

hello and welcome hope you get it sorted.
Back to top Go down
ABS0305
ABS0305

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:00 am

"Cant you get to the child lock mechanism through the inside of the door with a screw driver and move it to the unlocked position...as you have the door card off..then open it from inside.."

Hi Supersterl

When the inside panel is off i can see the were the door lock is but canget to it becasue it sealed....?????

Abs..

Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:08 pm

there must be a way to open the door can you not move the handle /lock connections manually at all..
Back to top Go down
ABS0305
ABS0305

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:51 pm

I can see the connection on the out side of the sealed unit, i have tried to use it to open the door but, it seems to do nothing. i tink i need to try and remove the sealed unit that seems to be covering the locks....
Back to top Go down
ABS0305
ABS0305

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Ok.....not sure how but it opened.......

Also found out that if you hold the unlock button on the key fob for a few seconds all the windows open......and the same for the lock button...the windows close...

So whilst trying different thing i held the inside door lock and the outside door lock in the open position..Locked and unlocked with the key fob.....wala.....door no opens but seems to be an intermitant fault...but this process seems to work everytime.

Taken the child lock off.....at least i can get to the lock now.

ABS
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:26 pm

well done that man.gald you got it open....will try the thing with the fob lock to see if daughters zaf B opens the windows..
Back to top Go down
CR250222

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:50 pm

Ive got a similar problem with my rear door also, i can open the door from the inside only once the door has been locked with the button on the dash.....

I had a look at the lock last week and can see the part that dosnt move that stops it working but cant work out why yet, i was un able to get the door card off cos my t25 sockets wouldnt fit in the hole on the door handle so i need a screw driver type.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear passenger door wont open.....help please   rear - Rear passenger door wont open.....help please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear passenger door wont open.....help please
Page 1 of 1