vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

loss of dashboard lights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jonboyc

loss of dashboard lights Empty
PostSubject: loss of dashboard lights   loss of dashboard lights Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 am

hi all,small problem ive had since i bought the car is..no dashboard lights,no front or rear fog lights..
now i bought a recon light switch(the one that sits near driver right side) which was guaranteed working when posted,still hasnt sorted it,checked all the fuses(that i know of) any clues? id take to an autoelectrician,but the closest one to me in birmingham charges 25/30 quid an hour,and being out of work,cant afford that.
any answers/ideas would be a godsend..Smile

john..
Back to top Go down
ZafSRi

PostSubject: Re: loss of dashboard lights   loss of dashboard lights Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:53 pm

I also had this problem and it turned out to be a faulty fuse. Get a multimeter and check continuity across each fuse as there could be a bad connection somewhere.

Failing that all I can suggest is to try the light switch in another Zafira to confirm it is actually working.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: loss of dashboard lights   loss of dashboard lights Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Check the fog light relays also..is the dash light dimmer/brightness switch working..(the rolling one)? and turned on...
Back to top Go down
bud1970
Mod
Mod
bud1970

PostSubject: Re: loss of dashboard lights   loss of dashboard lights Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:08 pm

sounds like a fuse to me......
Back to top Go down
jonboyc

PostSubject: Re: loss of dashboard lights   loss of dashboard lights Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:55 pm

yep,double/triple checked the actual dimmer switch,and the relay for fogs,i assume that in the engine bay?i noticed a fuse that didnt look right in there,but it was intact,and being in the engine bay,was reluctant to mess about in there.will recheck best i can,thanks for info guys,its a big help..Smile
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: loss of dashboard lights   loss of dashboard lights Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:03 pm

Not wanting to sound stupid , but you did check the fuses in the fuse box inside car drivers side of stering wheel..(of course you did..).
Back to top Go down
jonboyc

PostSubject: Re: loss of dashboard lights   loss of dashboard lights Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:45 am

hehe yes i did,when i mentioned a dodgy looking fuse,i referred to the fuse box in the engine bay,its intact but seems an after market type one,compared to the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: loss of dashboard lights   loss of dashboard lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

loss of dashboard lights
Page 1 of 1