vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Rear Lights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
delboy
delboy

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:15 am

Is It possible to replace the standard glass bulbs with L.E.D. equivalents or will it throw up errors on the canbus system. Had a bad run of blown bulbs recently and the rear clusters are not the easiest to get to (top nut especially) when you have sausage fingers. Any advice would be a help.

Thanx in advance
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:27 am

just trial and error my friend..

i have just bought led front sidelights but havent put them in yet..dont know if they will show a light error on mfd yet..trial and error

fitted led rear lights to sons astra gsi and it kept bringing up side light fault..so reverted back to bulbs..

of course please let us know what you find out, as it will be handy to know for other members with the same model zaffy..
Back to top Go down
delboy
delboy

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:33 am

will do, i have a pal at work who got hold of some leds with a load resister on them to fool the system, wondering if they will work, i'll get hold of a set and let you know what i find out.
Back to top Go down
delboy
delboy

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:34 am

his leds were fitted to an audi TT - forgot to mention
Back to top Go down
delboy
delboy

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Update, sourced some on flea-bay, £22/pair guaranteed 100% error free so the supplier says, will wait to see if there are any reviews first. Red, amber and white availlable
Back to top Go down
delboy
delboy

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm

no joy yet, but i conntacted the supplier and the bulbs are sidelight fittings only (5s) and not the larger ones needed for the tail lights. but they also said that because of the growing market of vehicles fitted with canbus systems it is something they will be persuing in the future
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:58 pm

i have now fitted my led front side lights in my zaf gsi and they work ok with no mfd light faults..looking bright now
Back to top Go down
delboy
delboy

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:13 pm

excellent, which leds did you use for the front, will they be ok for the zaf B and where did you get them.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:18 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280457900568&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

these are only front side lights only..as long as you only have standard head lights fitted they should be ok.. son has factory xenons fitted and they wont go in the holder..
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:24 pm

just waiting for a set of H7 led units to come and see how bright thay are on the road when fitted,,..will let you know.. also seen plenty of rear led bulb units on ebay..
Back to top Go down
delboy
delboy

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:27 pm

they're tidy units will probably have a dabble at them for the price, everything standard on my bus yet due to warranty but 8 months and counting and there will be no holding back. lol.

done the washers and air con as you suggested, even wired in the n/s rear fog due to getting nabbed by frog police last year.

cheers for the link
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rear - Rear Lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Lights   rear - Rear Lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Lights
Page 1 of 1