vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Longlife Zorst fitted today!

Go down 
+4
madgezza
supersterl
IAN74
Robbo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

Longlife Zorst fitted today! Empty
PostSubject: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:49 pm

I had a Longlife exhaust fitted today and went for mild sport sound. I'm very happy with it but it's a lot louder than I expected, it drones a bit on the motorway, I kinda wish I went for silent. Ah well i'll probably get used to it.

Longlife Zorst fitted today! Zorst
Back to top Go down
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:39 am

looks good mate thats what i went for on mine but one tail pipe had no problems after 5000 miles . just got a bit of a deeper note after a few miles so yours may settle in aswell.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 9:33 am

Looks nice..,is it front to back complete.. what size bore is it?
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:59 pm

looks good mate
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Cheers lads, I'm getting used to the noise now and the kids didn't moan when we went out today so it can't be that bad.

I have no idea what the bore size is Sterl and yes it is front to back, it looks very nice underneath I'm impressed with the work they did and would recommend them to others.
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyMuzik
BigDaddyMuzik

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:46 pm

how much did that set you back? thinking of doing that on mine.....
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:14 am

They charge £300 from front to back which includes a pea shooter tailpipe. You can then upgrade the tailpipe for an extra cost, my twin one was £50. I paid extra to have the front flexi (downpipe) replaced which I was told normally costs £100 but they did it for £50. You can also have another tailpipe fitted on the opposite side (VXR style) for an extra £100.

I recommend going there to get a quote because over the phone I was quoted £300 but on the day of fitting I discovered the extra costs of tailpipes etc which they failed to mention over the phone.
Back to top Go down
carbs1981
carbs1981

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:53 am

Longlife Zorst fitted today! Zafiraexh
I assume that was the caerphilly branch you went to. I went for a twin pipe too but a more square shape. (hopefully the pic has uploaded ok) I managed to get mine for £300 inc pipe and flexi. After getting an online quote, i didn't book the car in straight away, so after a week i had an email offering me a 10% discount which apparently was available for the whole of july. I rang them up and mentioned that i fancied a better tailpipe so they offered me a free upgrade instead of the 10% which worked out a better deal.

When i spoke on the phone to the sales girl i checked several times that the price was for cat back and she confirmed.

I booked the car in, took it down left it 2 hours, picked it up, paid the bill, got home then decided to inspect the handy work just to realise they hadn't done the flexi.

So after confirming with the girl that i was paying for cat back and a receipt which said 'Full system - from cat' fortunately trading standards was on my side and they had no choice other than to replace the flexi for no extra cost. So all in i had the lot for £300.

From my experience i wouldn't tell people to avoid longlife but i would warn you to be aware that they can deceive you!
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:46 pm

is the system stainless steel right through??
Back to top Go down
carbs1981
carbs1981

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:43 pm

supersterl wrote:
is the system stainless steel right through??
Mine is stainless right back to the cat now which is just infront of the engine block. (the cat isn't under the car like some zafs)
Back to top Go down
Moonman
Moonman

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:50 pm

Looks good m8. You'll get used to the sound and it will get a bit deeper as the system cokes up. I had one fitted by Welsh Coast Customs over mill parade about 2 years ago and it still looks and sounds as good as the day I had it fitted.

Longlife Zorst fitted today! Photo-0038
Back to top Go down
carbs1981
carbs1981

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:59 pm

I've seen Welsh Coast Customs as i've been using the by-pass in newport. Never would have thought about going to them though as i assumed they were more of a custom bodyshop. We're they the same kind of price as longlife though?
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:49 pm

carbs1981 wrote:

So after confirming with the girl that i was paying for cat back and a receipt which said 'Full system - from cat' fortunately trading standards was on my side and they had no choice other than to replace the flexi for no extra cost. So all in i had the lot for £300.

I tell you what mate you had a bargin to have all that done for £300, lucky git!

They probably changed the way they word things because of you... lol

They didn't say "CAT back" to me when I rang them to book it in they said "Front to back" so I then enquired about the front flexi as mine was blowing. My receipt says "Front to Back" and "Flexi pipe".
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:00 pm

dreamvictim wrote:
carbs1981 wrote:

I tell you what mate you had a bargin to have all that done for £300, lucky git!

They probably changed the way they word things because of you... lol

They didn't say "CAT back" to me when I rang them to book it in they said "Front to back" so I then enquired about the front flexi as mine was blowing. My receipt says "Front to Back" and "Flexi pipe".

surely front to back would includes the the flexi ....
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:05 pm

supersterl wrote:

surely front to back would includes the the flexi ....

nah mate they told me front to back means the join where the downpipe ends or where the cat on most cars is.
Back to top Go down
carbs1981
carbs1981

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:20 pm

I guess i was extremely lucky then Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_biggrin I asked several times if it was cat back, reason being that my flexi had started to blow and the backbox was looking worse for wear so it made sense to replace absolutely everything.

I don't think they stick to set prices anyway as i was told tail pipe upgrades are usually £60 not £50 like 'dreamvictim' was told and the flexi should've cost me an extra £70 not £100.

Bargain or not though i can assure you they still made profit from me, otherwise they would've argued more.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm sure they do juggle the prices. They told me the tail pipe upgrades were £60 too but the particular one I chose was only £50 Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_eek

You were lucky you did your quote online so you had the proof of "cat back" like you said they didn't have a leg to stand on after quoting that.
Back to top Go down
carbs1981
carbs1981

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Because it was on the receipt as Full system from cat they def had no leg to stand on so i eventually left i happy person.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:52 pm

carbs1981 wrote:
Because it was on the receipt as Full system from cat they def had no leg to stand on so i eventually left i happy person.

lol, I bet you did.

Am I right in thinking you've had your windows tinted in that photo above compared to your avatar one? Where'd you get em done mate? moonman had his done at Newport auto tints and thats where i'm planning to get mine done.
Back to top Go down
Moonman
Moonman

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:12 pm

carbs1981 wrote:
I've seen Welsh Coast Customs as i've been using the by-pass in newport. Never would have thought about going to them though as i assumed they were more of a custom bodyshop. We're they the same kind of price as longlife though?

No m8 they were cheaper mine is catback stainless and cost me £280, but that was two years ago so prices might have gone up since then.

dreamvictim wrote:
carbs1981 wrote:

lol, I bet you did.

Am I right in thinking you've had your windows tinted in that photo above compared to your avatar one? Where'd you get em done mate? moonman had his done at Newport auto tints and thats where i'm planning to get mine done.

Yup got mine done at Newport Autotint in Maindee and he put the lightest tint on the two front windows and then the darkest but one all the way back to the back window and it was an awesome job, very happy with his work. I need to go back and see him as I have scratched my back window with an old ironing board I was taking down the tip the other week
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Moonman wrote:

Yup got mine done at Newport Autotint in Maindee and he put the lightest tint on the two front windows and then the darkest but one all the way back to the back window and it was an awesome job, very happy with his work. I need to go back and see him as I have scratched my back window with an old ironing board I was taking down the tip the other week

You got any photos of the tints mate? I need some idea of how dark i want to go on mine.
Back to top Go down
Rusty27
Rusty27

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Think I'm gonna have a custom cat back done at somepoint too, there's a company in Sheffield called EXHAUSTSUK.com also known as ascar. Had a cat back done there on mi corsa b Sri as a youth, loads of work done for all the big mags and there quite cheap too.
Back to top Go down
Moonman
Moonman

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:57 pm

dreamvictim wrote:
Moonman wrote:

You got any photos of the tints mate? I need some idea of how dark i want to go on mine.

Let me know when and where m8 and i'll meet you, tis not like your far away.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 am

Yeah ok, how about one evening this week? could meet in the carpark to that pub on the coldra roundabout, where mc donalds is?
Back to top Go down
carbs1981
carbs1981

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 3:28 am

Yeah i got mine done at newport autotint in maindee too. I had them done about 3 months ago and it cost £160 for all the windows from the B-pillars. I went for what he classed as the factory look which in my opinion looks about best when you don't touch the front windows. If i wanted the front ones done too it would've cost £200 but i didn't wanna risk the legal side of it.
By law your front side windoes need to let in 75% light which means a 25% tint. However, i'm pretty sure vauxhall windows have approximately a 15-17% tint as standard which doesn't really leave much to make much difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longlife Zorst fitted today!   Longlife Zorst fitted today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Longlife Zorst fitted today!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next