vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Rear Drivers Door Woes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wingnut
wingnut

rear - Rear Drivers Door Woes Empty
PostSubject: Rear Drivers Door Woes   rear - Rear Drivers Door Woes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi All, Can you help???

I had problems locking the drivers sider rear door for my Zaf b 1.6 Club. A local independent garage found the wires that run from the loom to the plug at the bottom of that door through a rubber boot have chaffed, failed and now the door won't lock via the fob. He managed to egt the door locked but we now can't use it! Sad he said that I need to get hold of a plug for that door with about 7-8 inches of wires so he can replace it, trouble is vauxhall dont sell the part separately only as part of the whole loom Mad
I tried contacting breakers yards locally, but am I not getting anywhere with the ones i've tried so far. Does anyone now how I can get hold of this part at all? Several sites i've looked at have hinted that this is a 'fairly' common fault! Any ideas? scratch
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drivers Door Woes   rear - Rear Drivers Door Woes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi there, I don't see why you need part of the loom to fix this. It should be repairable by soldering in some new lengths of wire, if you're not up to the job then I would ring an auto electrician who would be better suited to the job than a garage.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drivers Door Woes   rear - Rear Drivers Door Woes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:42 pm

dreamvictim wrote:
Hi there, I don't see why you need part of the loom to fix this. It should be repairable by soldering in some new lengths of wire, if you're not up to the job then I would ring an auto electrician who would be better suited to the job than a garage.

I totally agree with the above statement...cant you just replace the wire that is broken yourself
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drivers Door Woes   rear - Rear Drivers Door Woes Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:55 pm

If I lived local to you mate i'd solder it for you.. I'm a dab hand with a soldering iron rear - Rear Drivers Door Woes Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
wingnut
wingnut

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drivers Door Woes   rear - Rear Drivers Door Woes Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Cheers Folks, I may give it try, just don't wanna mess it up any more than it is. may try an auto electrician tho Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Drivers Door Woes   rear - Rear Drivers Door Woes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Drivers Door Woes
Page 1 of 1