vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

miscellaneous parts?????

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

miscellaneous parts????? Empty
PostSubject: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:11 pm

hello and help. I have a really anoying trim problems. My center air vent fins are broken the pins are snapped off the ends. and my horn button on the steering wheel the vinyl has split round the edge.where could i get a set off fins?? and how do i change my steering wheel without tampering with the airbag????
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:14 pm

the airvents you should be able to get off ebay buddy as for your steering wheel you will have to take the airbag off to get the wheel off

where abouts are you matey
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Whitby, north yorkshire. i am really paranoid about messing with airbags. is it possable to just change the cover???
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:33 pm

RICHARDSDTI wrote:
Whitby, north yorkshire. i am really paranoid about messing with airbags. is it possable to just change the cover???

Hi Richard. The horn button is part of the airbag but its easy to change and you'll probably pick one up off ebay for £30. Disconnect the battery and undo two screws at the back of the wheel, pull off the airbag and disconnect it, reconnect the new one and job done. As long as you disconnect the battery the airbag light wont come on. I did the same job on my bus.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:35 pm

Oh and I think you need the key in the ignition to stop the alarm going off when you disconnect the battery.
Back to top Go down
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:43 pm

does anyone know how much of a job swapping the air vent fins are. do i have to remove hole center trim of dash?
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:59 pm

My center vent is broken too mate, I just closed it and pulled the rest of the fins out to tidy it up. I think its where a mobile phone holder was fitted. If you wanted to replace it then you would have to replace the whole center dash piece, i've been looking out for one myself.
Back to top Go down
heritage74
Event Manager
heritage74

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:03 pm

hi mate ive got a spare airbag for you
Back to top Go down
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:07 pm

cheers mate, is it the whole wheel or does the airbag come attatched to panel?
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:10 pm

to disconect battery on zafira without the sounder alarm going off, loosen negative clamp on battery,start engine ,switch off ignition and remove negative lead within 15 seconds of switching off.....no alarm..

and leave at least 30 seconds between disconnecting the battery and removing airbags or other panels connected to them for the chargers to discharge first..

and acording to vauxhall you should never disconect the battery with the ignition key on at all..it can damage some of the sensitive electrics..
Back to top Go down
heritage74
Event Manager
heritage74

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:11 pm

got the whole lot mate
Back to top Go down
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:31 pm

ill have to remember about disconnecting battery,do you want anything for the wheel?
Back to top Go down
heritage74
Event Manager
heritage74

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:46 pm

25pounds mate its the leather one as well
Back to top Go down
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:10 pm

25 sounds great.does it have mounts for stereo controls? where abouts are you (price for collection).
Back to top Go down
heritage74
Event Manager
heritage74

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:12 pm

hi mate yes has steering wheelcontrols all complete im in watford where abouts are you from
Back to top Go down
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:55 am

i'm in whitby according to google maps its 241 miles!!!!! I think i'll get a price for postage. To make things easier i dont suppose you have paypal?
Back to top Go down
heritage74
Event Manager
heritage74

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:57 am

yeah mate got paypal its
jojoneale@hotmail.co.uk
ill rap the wheel up it cant be more than a tenner for postage mate let me know if you want it sent cheers lee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: miscellaneous parts?????   miscellaneous parts????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

miscellaneous parts?????
Page 1 of 1