vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

gains from re map ?

Go down 
+2
madgezza
DaveV6
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveV6
DaveV6

gains from re map ? Empty
PostSubject: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi, couple of questions for the folks running increased power ..... does anyone have anything concrete on gains from a stage one re map, ive seen roller graphs showing 30 bhp ish and 40 lb ft torque gain but what does this translate into in real life driving?
Has anyone run santa pod or similar before and after a re map to see what the actual on the road differences are ?, i would imagine 30 bhp would gain you 3 mph on your terminal speed and knock 3-4 tenths off your run time .....would that be a fair estimate?
People say the drive is transformed, much faster etc but i would like something more than what it just feels like because feel can be very deceptive.
Also on a slight tangent, when boost is raised on the standrd turbo do you start to get high mid range boost spike which then tails at high rpm making the car feel a little breathless for the last 500-1000 rpm's as the turbo can't maintain such high boost, the standard power delivery is very nice and linear, does this alter in anyway when re mapped?
As far as exhaust mods go, i understand the pre cat gives a noticeable instant gain but is that really the only part worth doing or do you get a similar gain from going to a 200 cell sport cat and a cat back system ?
I think im going to raise the power to 240 bhp, what will i need?
Any advice please all you experts?

cheers
Dave

p.s after following an astra vxr this afto, i would like to know which exhaust system sounds like a wet fart because the astra had one and so i would like to avoid at all costs, lmao.
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:20 pm

hello mate i had mine mapped from reddot and the first run on the rollers was 212bhp and then after the map it was 247bhp so there was a big inprovement. the mods ive got for this is vxr turbo, full powerflow exhaust, regal precat, unknown cat, courtenay pannel filter in deristricted box, solid boost pipe with collins d/v and cossie plugs. ive now added a tx front mount intercooler so im off back to reddot for a bit more fine tunning and will hopefully end up with 255-260bhp and thatss where ill stay.
Back to top Go down
DaveV6
DaveV6

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Cheers, so am i reading that right, yours made 212 bhp with vxr turbo, full exhaust and induction mods but no re map?, is that about normal i would have expected a little more, or doesnt the vxr turbo give anymore power running at standard boost.
Would the standard turbo make the same power with the same mods, i thought the vxr turbo was required to go above say 255-260 bhp and that the standard turbo was good uo to that level.
All this talk of bhp but what kind of torque is that making, torque is what makes swift effortless driving after all isn't it.
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:36 pm

i had tx front mout scorpian precat vxr turbo vxr air flow meter indruim plugs had the boost turned up a tad(fair bit. lol) k&n panel filter for a little while and stage one i was running 269bhp with something like 280ish lbtorque then things started to go wrong....
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:55 pm

the ecu on your car wont let the vxr turbo boost anymore than the standard let one thats why you need a remap. i personaly woudnt want to push the standard turbo much over 235ish to be safe.
mine is running 307lb foot at the min before the front mount was fitted so im back over to reddot very soon to see the new figgers.
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:21 pm

mind you totaly off topics my leon cupra is running just shy off 300bhp with no front mount. lol all its got is a oil cooling intercooler.
Back to top Go down
DaveV6
DaveV6

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:56 pm

Tom, 269 is very high for stage 1 isnt it?, what started to go wrong and why ?
what turbo is your cupra running the ko4-23?

Tomgezza, over 300lb ft must feel good.

so in my case if i want 240 i will be at the safe limits of the turbo.
What mods will achive this figure safely....im thinking
pre cat
de restricted air box
re map

what do you reckon, would that work or do i really need a front mount and or the rest of the exhaust to make 240?
Cheers
Dave
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:01 pm

ko4s cupra r turbo. its fooking shift,

my zafira went throught 2 drive shaftsand a outta gaiter , coolant senser, oil senser tyre's. lol

269bhp thats what the dyno said admittidly it was tuned to an inch of its life but at the time i didnt really care cos i had the money.
Back to top Go down
DaveV6
DaveV6

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:12 pm

yeah the ko4-23 is the cupra R turbo and anything over 275 is pushing that turbo very hard, mine had the ko4-23 hybrid from backdraft motorsport and many other mods to make a reliable 300 bhp.

What did your zaf need to make that power relaibly as there are some making 290-300 bhp on the vxr turbo aren't there.
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:34 pm

thats what the bloke i got it off said it was at getting it RR soon.

right you need

vxr turbo
vxr injectors
vxr airflow meter
front mount intercooler
pre cat(de cat)
sports cat
cat back exhaust system
enlarged top hat
hard piping.

there is a 600bhp zafira gsi with nos.
Back to top Go down
zaffy250
zaffy250

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:07 am

my zaff run at 208bhp standard,ive had
stage 1 regal map
turbo boostin at 15psi
large bore cold air in take de-restircted box
k&n panel filter
uk exhaust de cat system with vxr tailpipe 3"
solid boot pipe
oil restrictor bolt(a must)
piper cams
light weight pully
boost gauge
new rolling road figuers are 253bhp and 274lbt
re map will give u about 25-35 increase sum mods give u very little but they all add up!
oh yeah at least get a pe cat they respond well to them!!!
Back to top Go down
DaveV6
DaveV6

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:00 pm

does this fit the zaf gsi please anyone ?, i have to say it looks a very good option compared to the o.e crossover pipe.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Astra-VXR-Direct-CDTi-Airbox-Conversion-Kit-/120569459715?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM

Would one of these give greater gains than just derestricting my standard airbox and fitting a k & n panel filter?
Any advice or opinions from you tuning gurus?
cheers
Dave

p.s what is oil restrictor bolt?
Back to top Go down
DaveV6
DaveV6

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:43 pm

doesn't anybody know?
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:26 pm

they will the zaff mate but im not sure on what the gains would be ive got a box to go on mine to get rid of the cross over pipe
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 pm

yes it will mate
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:13 am

One of the handy things about the cdti 1.9 airbox mod is that you can get to the plugs easier and you can also keep the top of the engine/rocker cover area cleaner and change the rocker gasket if it leaks without removing anything else
Back to top Go down
DaveV6
DaveV6

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:56 pm

Cool, thanks chaps, i will order one asap as it looks to be a good mod and also much cheaper than similar thing listed on courtney or thorney etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gains from re map ?   gains from re map ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gains from re map ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
vxzoc.com  :: GENERAL ZAFIRA CHAT-
Jump to: