vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

what a tophat or power pipe ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveV6
DaveV6

what a tophat or power pipe ? Empty
PostSubject: what a tophat or power pipe ?   what a tophat or power pipe ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:55 pm

as above whats it do ,wheres it go and does it do anything or is it all snake oil?
i have tried a search on here but found nothing.
I found it on ebay for zafira gsi but cant figure out what it is or where it goes or what it does, lmao.

cheers
Dave
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: what a tophat or power pipe ?   what a tophat or power pipe ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 pm

the power pipe goes from your intercooler (original is rubber about 2 inches in diameter..) mine is made of stainless steel..to the tophat which is at back of engine ,on top and it where the air travels in to engine,, it has a butterfly flap inside which opens to let the right amount of air into the engine..to mix with fuel..

what a tophat or power pipe ? Dscn0304c

what a tophat or power pipe ? Dscn0253az

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

its the large pipe just of center to right in picture....next to battery..
Back to top Go down
DaveV6
DaveV6

PostSubject: Re: what a tophat or power pipe ?   what a tophat or power pipe ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:14 pm

hmm i see, mine has a chunky black metal piece at the back there were your chrome pipe goes round behind the oil filler cap in the picture, does this tophat replace that bit then ...im assuming the throttle body is in there then?
so hows this create more power i cant see it , and the company on ebay claimed the power pipe stopped the rubber boost pipe sucking flat ........how the chuff can a boost pipe suck flat its pressurised ....unless im some kind a retard, could be ,lol
Cheers
Dave
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: what a tophat or power pipe ?   what a tophat or power pipe ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:24 pm

sorry the top hat dont have the butterfly in it ,that the bit underneath it,the throttle body as you just mentioned..the top hat really just makes the air flow round the bend from boost pipe the throttle body smooth and the one you probly looked at is larger in diameter..... ,the top hat replaces the original metal black piece... the boost pipe replaces the rubber one,, which can as they state suck in and collapse when driving.it is a common thing and there has been many posts on other forums about this rubber pipe collapsing on the z20let engines..,
Back to top Go down
DaveV6
DaveV6

PostSubject: Re: what a tophat or power pipe ?   what a tophat or power pipe ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:27 pm

thanks sterl thats helpfull and answered my questions.
under what conditions can the boost suck in and collapse?
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: what a tophat or power pipe ?   what a tophat or power pipe ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:34 pm

havent had it happen to me personally dave ..,, but remember that the boost pipe isnt under pressure all the time...for examole when you have a dump valve fitted , it blows of and releases all the unused air in the pipe and makes room for more colder air..and this also happen when the original waste gate on the turbo opens too.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: what a tophat or power pipe ?   what a tophat or power pipe ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what a tophat or power pipe ?   what a tophat or power pipe ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what a tophat or power pipe ?
Page 1 of 1