vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

alarm keeps going off??

Go down 
+2
topladz
chanley2007
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chanley2007
chanley2007

alarm keeps going off?? Empty
PostSubject: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Anyone got any idea's?? its not the power sounder its full alarm usally about 25 mins after i lock the car!!
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:31 pm

mine goes off when i start the car up i think my battery is kncakered
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:54 pm

chanley2007 wrote:
Anyone got any idea's?? its not the power sounder its full alarm usally about 25 mins after i lock the car!!
have you tried the pedal test to see if there are any fault codes for it..
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 8:54 pm

did you get your alarm problem sorted out chanley 2007?
Back to top Go down
chanley2007
chanley2007

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 9:44 pm

i didn't mate, just been locking from the drivers door for the time being!! ive got it booked in after the new year to a garage to give it all a once over! hopefully get it sorted
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:37 pm

why do you say its not the power sounder mate? there quite a common problem so ive been reading
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:05 am

One suggestion would be to check the bonnet plunger is making a good contact one of my old cars being the omega I had did this was really annoying until I adjusted the plunger and problem solved, not sure if there is a way to adjust this on the Zafira A.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:54 pm

madgezza wrote:
why do you say its not the power sounder mate? there quite a common problem so ive been reading
what hes saying madgezza is its not just the powersounder but the alarm horn too(both)...
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 7:58 pm

chanley2007 wrote:
mine has gone off with the full alarm just the last few days 3 times about 20 mins after locking it... but seems ok now... my mate that works for vauxhall said that apparently when its really cold ,it seem to affect the alarm systems on some vauxhalls and its very common.... i also recall my cavalier sri doing the same when the weather was very very cold...roll on the warmer weather...
Back to top Go down
chanley2007
chanley2007

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:08 pm

All sorted now, went in for a sevice today and a good check over, Alarm was going off due to a dodgy connection on the battery, it was causing it to over heat and setting alarm off. all sorted now and its been 5 hours since locking!! so far so good!! Smile also sorted a coolant leak in 2 of the pipe's. a leaking oil filter and a leaking rocker cover! having 4 new tyre's fitted 2morrow!! skint this month!! Smile oh and a new reverse switch.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 11:10 pm

glad you finally got it sorted mate mine had a rocker cover leak but all done now amazing something so simple can cause something so big and annoying to happen
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
BIG G

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:50 pm

i got the same problem. it's been goin off now for the last 2 blody hours alarm keeps going off?? Icon_mad
gonna get it booked in somewere 2mrrow cos it's realy pissing me off now!!!!
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:30 pm

will be the power sounder mate, a very common problem apparently
Back to top Go down
BIG G

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 am

cool how easy is it to fix/change? and how much does it cost?

cheers gav
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:55 pm

dont think there that hard to change (never done one yet) price wise just get a quote from vaux shouldnt be too expensive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: alarm keeps going off??   alarm keeps going off?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

alarm keeps going off??
Page 1 of 1