vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Roof boxes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
clarky69
clarky69

Roof boxes Empty
PostSubject: Roof boxes   Roof boxes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Thinking of getting a roof box fitted for next holiday, does anyone use 1 or has anyone used 1 in the past?, i was wondering what affect it has on fuel consumption?

The Roofbox co. in cumbria seems to have some good deals on roof box and bar packages. their postage and packaging is only £9.50. www.roofbox.co.uk. Roof boxes Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Milly-gsi
Mod
Mod
Milly-gsi

Roof boxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof boxes   Roof boxes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:08 pm

when my dad owned a zafira gsi he had a roof box on for holidays and said the fuel comsumption was terrible, but i have no personal experience of this but heard from afew people it aint great but its not like its a perminant thing so i wouldnt worry about it personally.
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

Roof boxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof boxes   Roof boxes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:25 pm

cheers milly, yeah its just for the once a year hols.
Back to top Go down
Pymzola

Roof boxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof boxes   Roof boxes Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:36 pm

I have a roof box but only been on the car once and that was when I bought it. Fuel consumption was worse I think not sure how bad as I only get 17-20mpg currently.
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

Roof boxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof boxes   Roof boxes Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:14 am

I had one from Halfords, i bought it when we went to Blackpool 3 years ago, the fuel consumption wasnt that bad TBH, from london to leads then to blackpool then back to leads then back to london (this includes going around as well) it was 3 days and my total fuel consumption was 2 1/2 tank. all 7 seats was occupied (4 adult, 2 children and 1 baby), the rack was full loaded as well. average speed is 70mph.

surprisingly the bus was running soooo smooth, even with the heavy load. probably smoother when its empty. the racak was aerodynamicly shaped anyway so i dont think its creating that much drag, much of the extra fuel consumpsion is probably from the heavy load specialy on the gradient roads.
Back to top Go down
IAN74

Roof boxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof boxes   Roof boxes Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:43 pm

i have one and found no real diffrence to talk of with fuel not for the extra space it gives you. mine is a thule 75 litre. one of the bigest they do had it on a volvo t5 it was longer than the roof lol. but a great box shaped like a bullet used to forget it was up there at times and got some odd looks on the motorway Roof boxes Lol
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

Roof boxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof boxes   Roof boxes Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 5:16 pm

the only thing i hate about roof box is if installed on a zafira is the height clearance issue, i had problems with enclosed parking lots as not all of them have very high clearance so you either park in an open car park or bring a measuring tape Roof boxes Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roof boxes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof boxes   Roof boxes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roof boxes
Page 1 of 1