vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

inlet manifold

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rick45
rick45

inlet manifold Empty
PostSubject: inlet manifold   inlet manifold Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 1:00 pm

hi everybody,
i shall soon be removing my inlet manifold and egr valve on my zafira b 19 cdti 120 bhp for cleaning,
i know how to do the egr but dont know what to use on the manifold with it being plastic and dont
want to damage it (to costly), anyone got any ideas, i have a flexible drive for my electric drill but
just need to check with you guys first as to weather a rotary wire brush would damage manifold,
many thanks for any help.
rick.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

inlet manifold Empty
PostSubject: Re: inlet manifold   inlet manifold Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:40 pm

whats wrong with inlet manifold..
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

inlet manifold Empty
PostSubject: Re: inlet manifold   inlet manifold Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:02 pm

supersterl wrote:
whats wrong with inlet manifold..

hi, nothing at the moment but am going around france and germany with it this summer and would like to clean it all out before i go, dont want it bunging up over there,
i am seeing on other sites the amount of crap that gets in the inlet manifold so thinking this, the smoother the flow of air the better its got to be for the engine,
once cleaned and egr cleaned i am going to blank off the egr valve that should keep the manifold permanently clean,
just need to know the best way to clean it out.

thanks,
rick.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

inlet manifold Empty
PostSubject: Re: inlet manifold   inlet manifold Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:33 pm

i expect that you could use carb cleaner...you can use that through the air intake ect...
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

inlet manifold Empty
PostSubject: Re: inlet manifold   inlet manifold Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:44 pm

supersterl wrote:
i expect that you could use carb cleaner...you can use that through the air intake ect...

hi supersterl,
yes i could but dont fancy blowing all that sh*t into the engine,
manifold will have to come off, just needed to know the best method
to clean it without doing any damage to the plastic manifold,
i think ill try soaking it in a petrol paraffin mix over night and use a long handled
stiff brush to get the muck out, its not like the 150 bhp manifold you can split
them in half to clean.
thanks,
rick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

inlet manifold Empty
PostSubject: Re: inlet manifold   inlet manifold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

inlet manifold
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
vxzoc.com  :: GENERAL ZAFIRA CHAT-