vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

idling problem fixed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
denzzz28
denzzz28

idling problem fixed Empty
PostSubject: idling problem fixed   idling problem fixed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:57 pm

its was nice and sunny today (but quite cold) so decided to fix my zaffs idling problem. the car has been idling abnormally (fluctating between 700-1500rpm) for quite a while specialy on a cold angine but when its warmed up the idling goes back to normal and then i comes back when i down shift or engine break. i went to VXon forum and i was reading zafira A owners car problem and i came across a thread with the same problem. it was an easy fix so I finished in about an hour. the only thing i did was to clean the throttle housing (as much as i can reach) and the hose that was connected to the end of the air mass flowmeter to the vavle cover. the throttle and the hose was so dirty so i had a hard time cleaning it, what i did was to open the throttle and wipe as much dirt and oil as i can possibly reach deep inside, its the same story with the hose.

and whilst at it, i aslo cleaned the spark plugs and then started the engine. the idling problem was gone! after the initial choke the RPM went straight to 700rpm. ive also re-mounted my induction kit and made it shorter and connected it to the stock air intake at the front.
idling problem fixed IMG_0584
idling problem fixed IMG_0585
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: idling problem fixed   idling problem fixed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:02 pm

well done idling problem fixed Lol
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: idling problem fixed   idling problem fixed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:38 pm

So its a similar problem to what the omega had where the breather pipes and throttle housing got coked in oil, for best results I used to use carb cleaner.

Glad the fix worked for you

Smile
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

PostSubject: Re: idling problem fixed   idling problem fixed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:28 pm

nixoro wrote:
So its a similar problem to what the omega had where the breather pipes and throttle housing got coked in oil, for best results I used to use carb cleaner.

Glad the fix worked for you

Smile

i was thinking of the carb cleaner too but there were so much muck i was afraid it might end up blocking something inside the throtle body (sorry not much engine knowldege lol!), but if it worked then ill use it next time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: idling problem fixed   idling problem fixed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

idling problem fixed
Page 1 of 1