vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

cruise control

Go down 
+11
AlanB
stampede
planetse
andromeda411
supersterl
leefowler
CFB
Viking
topladz
nixoro
maddog
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
planetse
planetse

cruise control - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:11 pm

andromeda411 wrote:
i did a bit of research today and took off the dashboard of my zaf. behind there i found a spare brown plug( has space for 4 wires but only 2 being used) with a grey wire and a black wire going to it. is this for the clutch switch(which is not present) and if it is do i still need to un the wire to under the UEC or is it just install the switch plug in the lead and then of course the stalk and the tech 2.

regards

andromeda411

This one you found is for the CC/high-low beam switch. The clutch switch (grey/red) will have the plug in already if it's fitted in the car OEM. Look up at the clutch pedal, if you see a flat plate with a square hole... Bummer no clutch switch. If you see a grey/red plunge switch cruise control - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
planetse
planetse

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 6:11 pm

maddog wrote:
is it plug and play for cruise control ( new indicator stalk)on the 1.8 sri 57 plate???

No not on any, they all need Tec2.

I'm going to invite Adam (stamped) along to the forum to offer his services in this matter. He is the man for all your CC, Tec2, SMD etc needs. Or give Lee on this forum a shout for help.
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 pm

planetse wrote:
andromeda411 wrote:
i did a bit of research today and took off the dashboard of my zaf. behind there i found a spare brown plug( has space for 4 wires but only 2 being used) with a grey wire and a black wire going to it. is this for the clutch switch(which is not present) and if it is do i still need to un the wire to under the UEC or is it just install the switch plug in the lead and then of course the stalk and the tech 2.

regards

andromeda411

This one you found is for the CC/high-low beam switch. The clutch switch (grey/red) will have the plug in already if it's fitted in the car OEM. Look up at the clutch pedal, if you see a flat plate with a square hole... Bummer no clutch switch. If you see a grey/red plunge switch cruise control - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

ok, there is definately no swtch installed but is the spare plug i found behind the instrument cluster the one for plugging into the switch when i fit it.
bought one on ebay yesterday so should have it tomorrow hopefully
also got the stalk coming aswell

what is CC/high-low beam switch?

regards

andromeda411
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:34 pm

Ok silly question but if I was to install CC would I need a clutch switch being its a manual or do I have that and just need the stalk and Tech2 done.

I am I right to think auto's would need the clutch switch.
Back to top Go down
planetse
planetse

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Yes it is chap.

and

The thing you got of eBay. Take care taking off the old one, there is a nac to doing it.
Back to top Go down
stampede

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Okay, the brown plug goes to the clutch switch, but just because that bit is present doesn't mean their is a full wiring loom unfortunately Sad

Test the grey wire out of the plug for resistance against ground (any unpainted metal part of the car). If you get infinite resistance, some wiring is missing. If not, you're in luck.

Plug the wire into the clutch switch, put the switch in the hole at the top of the clutch pedal and plug in the stalk, then it all needs programming in.
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:54 pm

ok,

so tomorrow i am going to install it all, also the wire from pin 27 in the uec to the grey wire of the clutch switch.

hopefully that will be all i need, then programming.

cheers

andro
Back to top Go down
stampede

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:13 pm

yep
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:34 pm

could i program it with an op-com unit?

andro
Back to top Go down
stampede

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:14 am

I would stay away from dodgy opcoms from ebay etc.

They can cause problems in my experience. Mine went berserk when plugged into my car.

I have the genuine vaux-com unit, and that can definitely do it. Give it a go with the opcom if you're feeling lucky/brave lol
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:10 pm

ok fitted clutch switch today also ran wire from pin 27 and tapped into grey wire at cltch switch, but bummer postie did not deliver new stalk today as i was hoping so will have to wait till monday hopefully.

found someone in aberdeen area who will do programming for me.he was on the astra owners network and is called Ravin Beef.

regards and thanks for all the help

andromeda411
Back to top Go down
planetse
planetse

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Ravin Beef will sort it for you no probs. Ask him about your Trip Comp etc too.
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:41 pm

planetse wrote:
Yes it is chap.

and

The thing you got of eBay. Take care taking off the old one, there is a nac to doing it.

whats the best way to removing the old one?
any tips?

thanks

andromeda411
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm

well, time for an update to my cruise control installation.

wire installed from pin 27 in the UEC to grey cable at clutch switch connector.
installed clutch switch and connected. did all this on saturday.
postie arrived yesterday with new indicator/cruise control stalk. Fitted that yesterday and then thought i would have a little play around with my op-com unit and within 20 mins had set up all the cruise control.
took car for a test run along dual carriageway and everything is working good.Even cruise control tell-tale light working on instrument panel.

all in all i reckon this cost me around £40 plus my time maybe around 2 hours.

so i think it was a success.
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:15 pm

andromeda411 wrote:
well, time for an update to my cruise control installation.

wire installed from pin 27 in the UEC to grey cable at clutch switch connector.
installed clutch switch and connected. did all this on saturday.
postie arrived yesterday with new indicator/cruise control stalk. Fitted that yesterday and then thought i would have a little play around with my op-com unit and within 20 mins had set up all the cruise control.
took car for a test run along dual carriageway and everything is working good.Even cruise control tell-tale light working on instrument panel.

all in all i reckon this cost me around £40 plus my time maybe around 2 hours.

so i think it was a success.

Congrats glad its all worked out for you Smile
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:00 pm

Wow, been looking for this level of detail. I have an 08 Zafira 1.8 Sri. I got a copy of the Haynes book of household fables but it only contains stuff i dont need right now cruise control - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

At the week end i will try to do a contortionist impression and see if i have the clutch switch in place. If that doesnt work then i guess its off with the lower dash.

Not quite clear on this bit though
"pin 27 in the uec to the grey wire of the clutch switch"

Is there a map of the UEC available somewhere ?
Back to top Go down
CFB

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:58 am

For an 08 1.8SRi I am pretty sure you will have the clutch switch, I just got my 07 1.8 'Design' Cruise Control working, all was in place, just needed the stalk and the programming.

The lower dash panel is a pain to remove, you need to remove the gear stick surround first then the outer panel near the door to gain access to some hidden torx screws.
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:18 pm

CFB wrote:
For an 08 1.8SRi I am pretty sure you will have the clutch switch, I just got my 07 1.8 'Design' Cruise Control working, all was in place, just needed the stalk and the programming.

The lower dash panel is a pain to remove, you need to remove the gear stick surround first then the outer panel near the door to gain access to some hidden torx screws.

Cheers for that, i will give it a look over the week end and report back.
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Reporting back, jeez you weren't kidding about the lower dash panel, took everything to bits but couldnt manage to free the drivers side left panel to get to the screws. Anyway as it turns out i didnt need to after many contortions under the pedals i found this, which appearts to be the clutch switch Smile cruise control - Page 2 Clutchsw1

and this which is the brake switch, couldnt get to see the wiring though.
cruise control - Page 2 Brakesw1

So i suspect its worth me getting a stalk and plugging it in.

Can anyone confirm if you can use one of these to switch it on ?
OP COM OPCOM Opel Diagnostic Tool Latest Firmware V1.33

Item number:330430185310
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OP-OPCOM-Opel-Diagnostic-Tool-Latest-Firmware-V1-33-/330430185310?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4cef2c7f5e

thanks all.
Alan
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:47 am

Update...Well i bought one of the above and tried it with 2 versions of firmware, 3 versions of the software and 2 different laptops and it didnt work. It connects and does some things but not others. i.e. cant access the engine area. Anything linked to HS-can doesnt work so i am assuming its a duff unit and have returned it for a replacement.
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Got the replacement opcom and it works a treat so the other one was definately duff.
Modified engine varient cc config to present
CIM steering CC config to present
and CIM steering varient country code to UK
Cruise control now up an and running, no light on the dash but i can live with that.

One odd thing, i cleared all the fault codes but still get a spanner on the display when i switch on the ignition. It goes off when the engine starts. It wasnt there before i started fiddling and the car was just serviced so i suspect its down to me.
Wierd its there with no fault codes though.
Any ideas ????
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:01 pm

if i remember there were 3 things i had to change with the opcom unit to get CC fully functional. i did mine a while ago. the telltale light should work.
try using opcom unit to function test the cruise control tell tale light if you can.
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:19 pm

andromeda411 wrote:
if i remember there were 3 things i had to change with the opcom unit to get CC fully functional. i did mine a while ago. the telltale light should work.
try using opcom unit to function test the cruise control tell tale light if you can.

Thanks, I did the 3 things above and is i said it works ok but no light. I will take another look to see if there is anything specific to the cc light. TBH i am more bothered about the spanner being on when there are no reported faults.
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:36 pm

andromeda411 wrote:

I knew i saw that word "Telltale" somewhere. I tried testing the CC telltale and sure enough the light on the dial worked which was curious so i did a bit more digging.
I think it wasnt switched on in the IPC ECU or it didnt take first time, anyway switched that on again and all is well now, cc with the dash light, thanks for the pointers
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:40 pm

AlanB wrote:

One odd thing, i cleared all the fault codes but still get a spanner on the display when i switch on the ignition. It goes off when the engine starts. It wasnt there before i started fiddling and the car was just serviced so i suspect its down to me.
Wierd its there with no fault codes though.
Any ideas ????

Actually aren't all the lights supposed to be on when you put the key in and then go off when the engine starts Embarassed DOH !

Note to self pay attention more

Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cruise control
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next