vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Newbie with a rear window problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taffy

Newbie with a rear window problem Empty
PostSubject: Newbie with a rear window problem   Newbie with a rear window problem Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:11 am

Hi, I have a Zafira b 1.9cdti design and have a problem with one rear window not working, it will only work if I have both rear doors unlocked in the back, could this be a central locking control unit fault or a electic window control unit fault? or are they in one control unit.
Any ideas as to where the control unit is located, I have a Haynes manual and does'nt show in there.
Thanks

Taffy
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a rear window problem   Newbie with a rear window problem Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:39 pm

I believe that's a connection problem and quite a common fault. If you take the door card off and find the wiring in there, you should see some broken or exposed wires. A bit of repair work there should solve the issue.
Back to top Go down
Taffy

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a rear window problem   Newbie with a rear window problem Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:07 pm

Thanks for advice, took the door panel off and removed the wiring connector and then pulled back the black rubber gromet to find one of the thick cables (brown) had been cut - open circuit, I then cut back the wire and soldered a link and job done the window now does what it should do!!!

Cheers
Wayne (Taffy)
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a rear window problem   Newbie with a rear window problem Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:11 pm

Glad to see you got your rear window sorted Taffy..
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a rear window problem   Newbie with a rear window problem Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:34 pm

Good news!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie with a rear window problem   Newbie with a rear window problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie with a rear window problem
Page 1 of 1