vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??

Go down 
+2
topladz
jamesey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jamesey

zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Empty
PostSubject: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:30 pm

my w reg zafira comfort model has got a few comfort bits on like colour coded boot strip and mirrors its got roof rails and steering wheel volume controls .
ive bought an identical silver club model with none of the above on it , hoe easy is it to romove the roof rails from the comfort and fit them on the club?
also the volume steering wheel controls to be changed over
the steering wheel is more chunky on the comfort model the club steering wheel is thin , as ive got the 2 cars on my drive i can swap a few bits over then i can sell the w reg no idea what id get for it with 83k on it??
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 pm

the parts can be changed over bud but not sure how easy it is
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
jamesey

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:19 pm

anyone else fitted roof rails
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:23 pm

id like to buddy
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
steve_ti
steve_ti

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:55 pm

if I can find the covers to replace where the rails go, mine will be available in the future mate. Not in the best condition though tbh thanks to the previous owner
Back to top Go down
jamesey

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:11 pm

ive looked at mine today and the rails are bolted on through the roof , its part headlining down to get em off ,plus all the windscreen trim from front to back , good news is the bolts are already drilled and bolted on the club version
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 pm

The rails for my Gsi are the type that clamp too an upright rail under the plastic cover.. similar to what we had on older cars for fitting roof racks /bars (the guttering) but under the plastic as i said..that neans that i dont need front to back rails at all ,just side to side..
Back to top Go down
jamesey

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:58 pm

ive found loads of stuff thats missing on the club model , i want to know if the wires are there for the heated mirrors and rear tweeters these are missing , ive got them in my old w reg zaffy and would like to move them onto the 02 plate
ive taken the roof rails off i had to take the door rubbers off and fold the edge of the roof lining down to unbolt the 10mm bolts holding the rails on , but also i had to take the full lenth roof trimm off to suit the rails and that goes from the boot to the bottom of the windscreen ,
the speakers in the old w reg are a lot better then the 02 plate aswell a lot louder
the list goes on lol zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_arrow
Back to top Go down
jamesey

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:09 pm

ive swapped the steering wheel today for the volume controls and i had to change the airbag clock spring aswell as the volume wires were on this , it all worked perfect.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:18 pm

jamesey wrote:
ive swapped the steering wheel today for the volume controls and i had to change the airbag clock spring aswell as the volume wires were on this , it all worked perfect.

Good work mate, did you use a steering wheel puller? Just wondered how easy the wheel came off.
Back to top Go down
jamesey

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:20 pm

both the wheels on the cars came off easy,the bolt was loose on my new car zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Lynchy
Lynchy

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:47 am

i worked for a vauxhall garage moes of the parts will fit straight over as we used to special mods on pdi like fitting elec windows to the rear all the wiring looms are in the pillar all you need is the elec wotors and regulators etc straight swop the roof rails are the same you just need to use the strips to cover the other car
hope this is of help
dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??   zafira - ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ive bought another zafira , can i swap these parts easy enough??
Page 1 of 1