vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

New headrest Monitors Fitted

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
davidmv6

New headrest Monitors Fitted Empty
PostSubject: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 5:35 pm

New headrest Monitors Fitted 20100719_006

New headrest Monitors Fitted 20100719_004

New headrest Monitors Fitted 20100719_003

Hi all just wanted to post some new photos of me new in-car entertainment, got this from ebay, a good buy i tthink, new head unit and two rear headrest screens, it took some time to fit the headrest screens you know what they say measure twice cut once New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_smile , well i think i measured about 10 times and still wasnt sure about cutting the headrest, only trouble i had was the depth of the cradle the moniters fit into, they are a little to deep so touch the headrest post in the headrest, but i managed to cut the cradle down and they fit ok , no problems.
They are two 7" Veba Monitors, i think the head unit is great, i see one other on here fitted and thought that looks good New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_smile , i want one , i was lucky enough to find one on ebay, while i was looking to buy one from TTINTS, they have them on ebay, £799 or refurb ones i think 599, these only set me back £250 all in ,so i had to buy them.
Now all i need to do is get me DVB-T tuner sorted and i have the TV onboard too, just need a coffee machine and no need to go indoors New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_smile .
Any ideas what i can do next, i fitted wind defelectors the other weekend ,done me screen washer jets , still havent done me mirrors yet New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_smile , maybe a later date for those if at all ?,i will post some proper photos soon of me car, just need to do a little more first, only little things.
Anyway hope you like the finished job, thanks for looking.
David.
Back to top Go down
Rusty27
Rusty27

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:05 pm

that looks mint david mate, what are those veba screens like picture wise because i've got mi eye on a 10" roof mounted 1 made by veba. looks the nuts!!! New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
davidmv6

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi Rusty27
They are ok for a small monitor, not quite as clear as the head Unit but for kids its ok i guess, the 10 inch i would think would be better, a sharper image, but these are very good monitors though, and for the price i paid , very good indeed New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_biggrin , glad you liked the result, i was looking at fitting a roof monitor myself, but these came along so decided to fit these instead, im pleased with the results, i guess everyone will want to go in my car now for lifts New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_biggrin , hope you get a good result from the 10 inch screen, im sure you will, maybe post a photo let us see what it looks like.
David.
Back to top Go down
davidmv6

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Rusty
Just had another look at photos, if you look at the headrest photo at full size you will see faint lines across the screen over the grass area in the picture, this is what you can see but only very very slightly, the screens are right in front of you so a roof mounted screen would probably better, image wise, but i think these will do , they are a very good monitor, hope that helps you decide, Veba or Alpine, big price diffrence i know ,but i hav'nt seen the Alpine screen so dont know if there is any diffrence.
David.
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:11 pm

they look alright buddy
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
Rusty27
Rusty27

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 pm

No, hats off to you dude for havin the balls to fit those, me personally am useless at those kind of things, and was thinkin of havin an auto electrician do mine. Was thinkin of a roofmount because all rear passengers could see the 1 screen. A company on the bay called silvertech sell veba's and from what I can see they look good, uk company who make em and the resolution seems to match higher priced monitors.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:31 pm

very nice David do you have too cut out the back of the headrests to fit the monitors?
Back to top Go down
davidmv6

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi Sterl
Yeah ,had to cut out the back of the headrest, measure twice cut once is the saying , i measured something like 10 times before taking the plunge New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_rolleyes , but was ok in the end, only had to cut the rear of the monitor bracket to fit other wise would have been to deep to fit into headrest, now they fit ok flush, was a bit worried i would mess up the headrest and have to replace with new one so got a quote from 24/7 spares for second hand ones, £40 each ,but thankfully didnt need , im very pleased with the result, hope my rear passengers do to New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_smile ,thanks for the comments, more mods to come i hope, any sugestions New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_smile .
David.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 pm

cheers for that david..looks great ..
Back to top Go down
bud1970
Mod
Mod
bud1970

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:53 am

lovin' that install, mate. superb job, looks like it was there from day 1. as for future mods have you thought about in car pc?. now thats trick..........
Back to top Go down
davidmv6

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Thanks bud
I Did see somewhere on youtube a guy had windows on the same head unit, now if i knew how to use a pc better i might just have a go, but i just finished doing me fog lights , now got two working, i still dont know why Vauxhall did'nt have them both working in the first place, and the bulb in there anyway, must have something to do with money, it always is, anyway glad you like the headrests, im pleased with the results myself.#
David.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New headrest Monitors Fitted   New headrest Monitors Fitted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New headrest Monitors Fitted
Page 1 of 1