vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

posty bought me a present

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

posty bought me a present Empty
PostSubject: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:43 am

thought i would upgrade the xenon bulbs i bought to a hid kit, h7r (better for standard lights) and at £40 deliverd will will soon see if they were worth it. thanks to wazza from aoc for the kit.
posty bought me a present 031
posty bought me a present 032
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:22 pm

will they be street legal? as far as im aware xenon bulbs dont have the light pattern on the bulbs and you need a beam displacer/disburser..to make the beam go over to the low left...... also check to see if you need light washers fitted too..i know that factory fitted xenons have to have washers by law...

but let us know how they go as i would love xenons ... the son has them factory fitted on the Astar gsi and they are a million times better that the lights on my Zaf..
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:58 pm

well been playing with the hids today but i had to get a couple of bulb holders as the zafiras are not simple enough to just have a push in bulb they have the twist case the bulb goes in. after cutting out the centres of the holders a fitted the bulbs in and there a great fit, put a bit of sealer around where the wires come through just to stop the water getting in and job done. left them to dry for tonight and going to fit them in tomorrow so fingers crossed.
posty bought me a present 006
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:43 am

what bulbs are they in the kit, d2s or d1s and how do you diffuse/deflect them... original xenons have a light difuser/deflector glass (ball shaped) built into the headlight itself between the bulb and the light glass cover that sets the beam to the right..
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:12 pm

todays progress its all finished, didnt take to long to fit and is quite tidy too. heres a couple of pics, just got to wait for the dark now to test them out. may do a how too if all ok.
posty bought me a present 001
posty bought me a present 004
posty bought me a present 005
this is the before light
posty bought me a present 003
and this is the after light
posty bought me a present 002
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:27 pm

nice job there, madgezza,, will you take up to a garage to see how they fair on the beam setter ?...( re Mot) it will be interesting to know if the beams are set correctly to the left downwards.. hope they do because i might look for some then..looking forward to your outcome...
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 5:36 pm

cheers ster, im going to take it to my local garage and just get them too check the pattern,hight ect as i noticed that one was a tiny bit high from when i took them out to do the black eyes. will update when done.
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 pm

just been out to test the lights and all seems well hight wise and beam seem ok but im going to take to an mot station this week and get them checked on the machine. the light is fantastic and the best bulbs ive had, only took them around the town but down the side streets where you dont normally see the beam with these you can. as long as there mot passable then its a great mod and well worth it.
Back to top Go down
lee lee

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:20 pm

ive just done mine and they are wicked
Back to top Go down
heritage74
Event Manager
heritage74

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 am

hi yes had mine for a while real happy with them but i dont think they will pass them at mot next time
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:39 pm

another factor too look into is that if you have xenon lights fitted they have to have light washers fitted too...

the sons Astra gsi has factory fitted xenons , and you cant beat the light ....love the way they flicker on when first turned on too...

posty bought me a present DSCN0283
Back to top Go down
zafgsi

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Had hid's in my bus for nearly 2 years now and never been pulled or flashed or failed an mot.

They are defo not legal as you need a self levelling system and possibly headlamp washers too. They are meant to only be fitted to the projector style headlamps also.

They are superb at night and well worth doing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: posty bought me a present   posty bought me a present Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

posty bought me a present
Page 1 of 1