vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del

Go down 
+4
supersterl
THE ZAFINATOR
IAN74
denzzz28
8 posters
AuthorMessage
denzzz28
denzzz28

bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Empty
PostSubject: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:38 pm

after so much reading about reviews and feedbacks on lowering springs, the eibach pro kit had by far the most positive reviews. i was ever so tempted to go for the other alternative like Gmax, Apex, Spax, PI and supersport but Eibach was always the better choice from forums and reviews.

The coilovers option was the very least recommended choice for lowering a car unless you inted to used it for trackdays and even if it was suggested to have one, the cheap ones are not a popular choice because of poor durability and poor ride quality, so you have to go for the well know brand which is at least £500, which i think is not very practical to spend for an everyday family car.

i think i had a good deal for £173 free deliver (the cheapest i could find) at POTN.com. other website sell them for about the same price but will have to add postage from £10-£20 which totals around £200. it will be arriving this week maybe thursday, ill post some pics once i have it fitted over the next weekend.
Back to top Go down
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:05 pm

look forward to the pics mate . hope it turns up quick for you . bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
THE ZAFINATOR
THE ZAFINATOR

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 10:29 pm

GREAT SPRINGS GOT THEM ON MINE YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:19 am

IAN74 wrote:
look forward to the pics mate . hope it turns up quick for you . bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_smile

i hope so too, thanks
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:21 am

THE ZAFINATOR wrote:

yeah, thats what almost everybody said about this springs, cant wait to fit them. LOL!
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:10 pm

THE ZAFINATOR wrote:

do they do them for the zaf gsi model , if so what drop are they in compareson to the original springs..?
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:15 pm

denzzz28 wrote:
after so much reading about reviews and feedbacks on lowering springs, the eibach pro kit had by far the most positive reviews. i was ever so tempted to go for the other alternative like Gmax, Apex, Spax, PI and supersport but Eibach was always the better choice from forums and reviews.

The coilovers option was the very least recommended choice for lowering a car unless you inted to used it for trackdays and even if it was suggested to have one, the cheap ones are not a popular choice because of poor durability and poor ride quality, so you have to go for the well know brand which is at least £500, which i think is not very practical to spend for an everyday family car.

i think i had a good deal for £173 free deliver (the cheapest i could find) at POTN.com. other website sell them for about the same price but will have to add postage from £10-£20 which totals around £200. it will be arriving this week maybe thursday, ill post some pics once i have it fitted over the next weekend.

let me know if you get them as these are the company that i have ordered my wheels from and im still waiting..told me time and time again they were sending them.. 3 weeks now...took my money the day i ordered them and confirmed in stock..told would arrive in 3 days but never did , since then email after email.. phone call after phone call..they cant even be bothered to call back when they say they will.. so beware..
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:53 pm

Springs are here!! they came today just as promised! so here they are:
bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Mybdayfamilypic011

bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Mybdayfamilypic010

They will be fitted this sunday so i let you guys know what happens, ill post some pics or vids later.

hey Supersterl i didnt had any problem with the company, the kit came as stated on the website, they normally process the order on tuesdays then orders will be receive on thursday and the kit did came today thursday. i cant really comment on the company as this is my first with them.

with regards to the GSI im not sure if they do one, but they have one for all non turbo models.

Eibach Pro Kit Spring Kit Vauxhall Zafira A (T98) 1.6, 1.8, 2.2, 2.0 DI, 2.0 DTI, 2.2 DTI 04/1999-06/2005 Lowers front by 30mm and rear by 30mm (E6549-140)

how is the suspension of the turbo models different from the non turbo models? they basically have the same chassis isnt it?
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:59 pm

Really glad you didnt get messed around as i did, still waiting for my £44 discount though ,will call them tomorrow...

gsi is already lowered from factory compared to the normal zafs ...
looking forward to seeing your eibachs fitted,, they are some of the best springs if not the best..
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:00 pm

supersterl wrote:
Really glad you didnt get messed around as i did, still waiting for my £44 discount though ,will call them tomorrow...

gsi is already lowered from factory compared to the normal zafs ...
looking forward to seeing your eibachs fitted,, they are some of the best springs if not the best..

i guess its one of those un-avoidable cock-ups, sometimes they will adverstise products that they dont have stocks and then orders them from the main dealer when a customers buys it. it happens to a lot of times i just got used to it. this is the downside of onliine shopping.

about the GSI, im aware that GSI's are lower than ordinary ones but i was talking about the aftermarket springs. i was thinking that if it fits the non GSI models it should also fit the GSI models. if thats true then the eibach pro kit that i bought would fit the GSI too. I am right??
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:16 pm

i believe the top mounts are diffrent!!!
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:08 pm

you need harder springs too because of the weight of the z20let (so i was told)
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:55 pm

I was planning to fit all four springs today but due to the "beautifull" British weather ive waited until the rain stop and only manage to fit the rears. ill put the front tommorow morning hope weather goes well.

here are the pics of the broken spring, ive notice that the eibach is a bit longer than the stocks??? is that normal is the stock just had better days?? here it is.
bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Eibach001
bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Eibach002
in here you can see the lenght comparison: stock left eibach right
bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Eibach003
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:44 am

yes they will close and settle when you have them on the car..(had same thing with sons astra )
Back to top Go down
papagsi

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:50 pm

i spoke to a guy at lmf who said he had the pro kit on his gsi bus so i asume they r ok to fit to a gsi but has any one on here fitted them to a gsi model if so did it lower it by much ?
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:32 pm

i was told there was a 20-25mm height difference between the gsi and the non gsi, the eibach is about 30-35mm so youre talking about 10mm difference. pls bear in mind that although they fit exactly with gsi and non gsi model they have diff weight resistance depending on the car model so 1.6-1.8 and 2.0-2.2 engines have different spring rates you might be able to use the heavier one to the lighter one but not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
papagsi

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:53 pm

cheers mate . when i go to purchace them i think the guy mentioned that the 2.0 diesel ones would do the trick
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm

milly has them on her bus i think
Back to top Go down
seanos

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:27 am

I have them on my 2.0 DTI boy does it drop it at least 25mm( my fitter nearly had a baby thought he'd ordered wrong springs but the box does say all types including diesels 2.0 & 2.2 ) looks cool, but front rubber skirt sometimes catchs on the higher speed bumps but corners like on rails just need to get better anti-roll bar now. Also tyre wear is a little bit heavier may need the Eibach camber kit £19.99 off ebay.
Back to top Go down
denzzz28
denzzz28

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:55 pm

at last Ive finally fitted the front springs, taking off the plastic nut from the wipers plastic base was harder than the shocks! LOL!! i drove to heathrow airport after the installation to pick up my mates family and the car was full. so i gave the springs some nice break-in lol! the handling is sooooooo much better now, and it corners very nicely, on cruise the body is firm and not as slouchy as the stock ones. im very happy with the improvement. i got a bit carried away with the cornering though my wife and kids started getting sick after we went out for a drive. LOL!!!

this is a very nice upgrade for a £180, i would recomend all members to buy this upgrade. my next upgrade will be the dampers. i think they already need replacing, ive found out that both front and rear height from side to side is uneven. the rear left is about 15mm lower than the right and same with the fronts.

ill post some pics later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del   bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bought the eibach pro kit, £173 free del
Page 1 of 1