vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Changing stereos on a zaf B

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
clarky69
clarky69

Changing stereos on a zaf B Empty
PostSubject: Changing stereos on a zaf B   Changing stereos on a zaf B Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi guys
just bought a sony cdx head unit and facia kit, i need 2 questions answered if possible.
1. how do you disconnect existing stereo? put the release pins in got the stereo out to the depth of the unit, then can't get it any further out to disconnect wiring, cant get my hands in behind it, is there a special knack? Changing stereos on a zaf B Icon_scratch

2. will the original cage need to be removed to fit new facia or does it just fit over the top?, there seems to be enough room for the new stereo to fit inside the old cage.
your advice as always is greatly received Changing stereos on a zaf B Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Changing stereos on a zaf B   Changing stereos on a zaf B Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:06 pm

i know you need to buy a different facia to install a aftermarket stereo...
looked into installing a kenwood into daughters zaf b ... but never got round to fitting it in yet..she has bought the facia plate ...
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Changing stereos on a zaf B   Changing stereos on a zaf B Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:10 pm

got all the bits to fit it, just can't seem to work out how to get in to disconnect the old one Changing stereos on a zaf B Kopfschuettel , once i've got the old one out i'll have a better idea if i need to remove the old cage or not.
Back to top Go down
vxfarney
vxfarney

PostSubject: Re: Changing stereos on a zaf B   Changing stereos on a zaf B Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:02 pm

i have ordered a vxmmi head unit, should be here next week. so im intrested to here how it comes out. get a few pics up when you get yours fitted
Back to top Go down
http://ni-vaux.co.uk
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: Changing stereos on a zaf B   Changing stereos on a zaf B Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:44 pm

i have just replaced my cd30 with a newer cd30mp3 unit and larger display. i too had difficulty getting the ole one out but you just need to pull on it a bit harder and it does come out enough to get the connector off and the aerial lead off.
give it a wiggle and a good pull
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Changing stereos on a zaf B   Changing stereos on a zaf B Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:44 pm

cheers mate will give it go tomorrow after work hopefully
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Changing stereos on a zaf B   Changing stereos on a zaf B Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:46 pm

vxfarney wrote:
i have ordered a vxmmi head unit, should be here next week. so im intrested to here how it comes out. get a few pics up when you get yours fitted

will do mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing stereos on a zaf B   Changing stereos on a zaf B Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing stereos on a zaf B
Page 1 of 1