vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Whats the differance ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
samba
samba

Whats the differance ? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Between Detailing and Concourse, is detailing the new word for concourse or do you concourse just older cars and detail new ones?
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:49 am

Detailing is what I do for a living and can spend above a day on the body work alone (ask the better half).

Detailing is making making the best of what's in front of you. In other words cleaning up what's already fitted to the car.

Concourse is taking a car and just about stripping it and have all the bits made to look better than new (if you can't you replace it with new) then have them detailed and put back on the car. Once everything is back together detailed again. These ars nearly never seen the road.
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:09 pm

I enjoy "detailing" my Zafira but it is a work hack so I could never get it to the standard my concourse car is, your correct in saying you very rearly see a true concourse car on the road, as it will take me 2-3 months to get it ready for a show, and thats from an already near perfect condition. I will carry on trying to get to the next level with the Zafira but with 35,000 + miles a year it is not always possible.
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Any pics of your concourse car?
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:22 pm

https://2img.net/h/i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad62/vpb645m/DSCN1913.jpg?t=1272903405
This was at the NEC a couple of years ago, the car has only done 4,000 miles and is original apart from the fluid in the engine and the air in the tyres, the thing is I'am up against '80's Talbot build quility, when most of the opersition have the time to perfect there build quility, still can't complain as I've done quite well with her.
Whats the differance ? DSCN1913
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:40 pm

blimey some time and money gone into that
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:13 pm

No money apart from buying her 15 years ago, just "cleaning", but plenty of time though. When I started out back in the mid '90's there was not half as much kit out there to clean a car, just what Autoglym had, now there are loads of companys selling some really great stuff, makes life a lot easyer and quicker.
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:20 pm

A credit to you

how many of these shows are there during the year and where's the net one?
Back to top Go down
Paz
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:28 pm

I see in the picture the well known AutoGlym name, does this mean you only use there products? One last question what polish and wax do you use?
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm at the NEC Classic car show in November and a little show in Brighton in June (if I can swing it as I'm told I have a lot on that weekend!), the car is trailered to Birmingham as I only tax her for a month a year (refund the rest for the year) as for wax I do mainly use Autoglym as I have boxes of it and do find it about the best there is, I bought some Swizwax (just don't tell the wife the cost) and when the weather is warmer I'll try that, tryied the bonnet and so far so good, you have to let it "cure" in the sun, so that's what I'll be doing this summer.
Back to top Go down
liam1984

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:49 pm

that is 1 nice looking talbot! my grandad's had 2 of them, he had horizans tho. Happy times, we went miles in them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the differance ?   Whats the differance ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats the differance ?
Page 1 of 1