vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David Kahn

Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa Empty
PostSubject: Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa   Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:08 am

Hello to this forum

I am based in Johannesburg, South Africa and have had the worst experience of my life regarding vehicle ownership - I myself have owned two Opel vehicles (Vauxhall brand in SA) prior to the 2006 Zafira 1.9cdti

Please visit http://opelzafiradiesel.wordpress.com for the whole story.

Any comments are welcome here but especially on the blog site at the above link.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa   Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:51 am

Hi and welcome to vxzoc..

will have a look and see what the problem is.. Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
David Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa   Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:04 pm

I will be having a meeting with the factory representative at my dealer tomorrow morning - will updare after that.

I sincerely hope that they are going to make an out of warranty repair
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa   Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:51 pm

hi and welcome to forum buddy

hope you get everything sorted
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa   Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Hello and welcome to the site, hope you get sorted out.
Back to top Go down
madgezza
Group Buyer
Group Buyer
madgezza

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa   Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:06 pm

hope you get it sorted and welcome
Back to top Go down
David Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa   Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:04 pm

The dealer has removed the head and two pistons (the cylinders that reported loss of compression).
The Rings, pistons and cylinders do not show any wear and measure within the spec limits.

They are now testing the Turbo.

What I cannot understand is that the reason that they perfomed a compression test is that they noticed blow back through the oil filler spout when the cap was off - my understanding is that the only source of this type of blw back HAS to be via the rings / piston / cylinders?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa   Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zafira 1.9 Diesel Disaster - in South Africa
Page 1 of 1