vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please

Go down 
+5
supersterl
clarky69
topladz
pyro_maniac
turnbulltj
9 posters
AuthorMessage
turnbulltj

New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Empty
PostSubject: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi All, New to the forum,and possibly new to Zafira Ownership very soon.
We are thinking of joining the Motability Scheme as my wife is disabled and the Zafira is ticking all the right boxes.
We like the 1.9 Cdti 120ps Auto Diesel in the Elite Spec and seem likely to place an order next week.
Obviously on the scheme, servicing maintenance etc is all included, so those costs are taken care of, but I would be grateful of any experience with ownership, particularly how the car performs as I do tow a big caravan.
Thankyou in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
pyro_maniac

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:38 pm

if you are gonna be towing a large caravan i would go for the 150 cdti instead of the 120
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:39 pm

hi and welcome to the site bud

they are a nice motor 1.9cdti very good on diesel
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
pyro_maniac

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:47 pm

lol wish mine was but it gets used on a lot of short journeys and i have a bad habit of ragging it a bit
Embarassed
mines the 120 btw and it has enough grunt for me but i dont tow anything
Back to top Go down
turnbulltj

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:55 pm

topladz wrote:
hi and welcome to the site bud

they are a nice motor 1.9cdti very good on diesel

What do you call 'Very good on diesel'? Am I to believe the books (Not) I was hoping to achieve 40+ maybe pushing top 40's on a run, or am I being silly ??
I am not heavy footed, only on occasions, when the wife aint in the car New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:02 pm

im only going on what ive heard mate

pyro_manic as got one he'll know how good
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
pyro_maniac

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:04 pm

on a run i can get 45-48mpg at a steady 70ish cruise, i am happy with that
rag it on shortish journeys though and i get about 35mpg which i am happy with as my 1.8 vec-c got around 28mpg, can get closer to 40mpg if i drive 'properly' in the bus
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:01 pm

hello and welcome to the site, i was put off the diesel when i read reports of the particle filter problems, then again i only do short runs mainly, don't know if any diesel on here could comment on this issue.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Hello and welcome to VXZOC
Back to top Go down
pyro_maniac

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:58 pm

had my diesel bus nearly a year and have had no trouble with the dpf, only noticed it doing a regen once when i first got it, but i think its kept clean by my heavy right foot Embarassed
had no trouble at all so far
Back to top Go down
turnbulltj

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:05 pm

So What's the general concensus of opinion then .................. ???
SHOULD I PLACE THE ORDER, OR LOOK ELSEWHERE ???
Answers gratefully received. Thankyou. New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_idea
Trev New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_question
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:40 am

i have a 1.6 petrol zaf b. this is the first vauxhall we have had and already the other half and i have said if we were to change it would be definately another zaf. but one with a bit more ooooompphhhhhh. i cant comment on diesel but we are more than happy with ours. ours is actually ex motability so bloody well looked after.
Back to top Go down
IAN74

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:10 pm

i would say go for it there great to drive and not as big as other makes which is great for parking . good on fuel as long as you dont have a right foot thats always on the mat lol . 120 model will be good but if your towing with it if you can i would look at the 150 as its got the extra sparkel for the dead weight you will have on the bk when towing so will work better on fuel as it wont have to work as hard. hope this helps and look forward to seeing some pis of the bus if you go ahead.
Back to top Go down
lamplighter2

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:17 am

i have the 150 design get average 43mpg as for towing a large caravan, check what the gross weight of the van is and then check the car to see what its max towing weight is. the last thing you want is to have the car and its max towing weight is below what the van is. hope this points you in the right direction
Back to top Go down
southwicksmiffy

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:28 pm

hey there. i have the 1.8 petrol model sri which gives me fairly good returns on economy, (and good fun when i hit the sport button!!) when taking into account it is nearly always at seating capacity as i have 5 children between the ages of 18months and 10years. i test drove both the diesel models before settling on mine. the reason i picked the petrol is because most of my driving is round town. however, if i were to ever think about towing a caravan i would definately pick the 150ps model with the towing pack. not only will it make lighter work of the towing for you but it ticks the right boxes for fun too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please   New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Zafira ??? Should I ?? Help Please
Page 1 of 1