vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
streeter

A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE Empty
PostSubject: A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE   A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:45 pm

OK WHERE DO I START WE BROUGHT THE CAR JUST OVER A WEEK AGO AND ALREADY ITS BEEN IN THE GARAGE A FEW TIMES FIRST TIME WAS A SLIGHT MISSFIRE AND A SQUEEK FROM FRONT, ANYWAY, GOT IT BACK AND SURE ENOUGH THE WHEEL BEARING HAD GONE AND THEY SAID THERE WAS N O MISFIRE SO I BELEIVED THEM. A FEW DAYS LATER I DROVE ABOUT 30 MILES AT ABOUT 60MPH AND WHEN I SLOWED DOWN AND WENT TO TOUCH THE ACCELERATOR AGAIN THE CAR SORT OF JUGGERED FOR A FEW SEC'S THEN CORRECTED ITSELF, SO ITRS BACK IN THE GARAGE TODAY COZ I FOUND A CRACK IN THE MANIFOLD AND THEY HAVE NOW WELDED AND I GOT A 12 MONTH WARRENTY ON THE MANIFOLD FROM THE PLACE I BROUGHT THE CAR
WHAT I WANNA ASK U GUYS IS THAT WHY DID THE CAR JUDDER WHEN GOING TO ACCELERATE AGAIN COULD IT HAVE BEEN THE SLIGHT CRACK IN THE MANIFOLD OR IS IT MAYBE ONE OF THE INJECTORS COULD BE SEMI BLOCKED OR WORSE STILL THE DREADED EGR VALVE (ALTHOUGH THERE IS NO LIGHT COME ON THE DASH)
PLEASE HELP US OUT GUYS
THANKS
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE   A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:01 pm

it could be the crack in the manifold messing with the egr valve
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
streeter

PostSubject: Re: A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE   A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:41 pm

thats innitially what i thought but the mechanic said if the egr valve was playing up then the engine management light would have come on but it didnt so my head is all over the show lol
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE   A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:01 pm

Hi streeter

tbh honest if it was me I'd do the pedal test as the light may not come on but still have codes stored as I found out with my dad's zafira recently.

Have you had your car on a code reader or is it just what the garage has told you.

I am curious is your car a manual or an auto?

Have a search on here for the pedal test its free and works if only for peace of mind

HTH

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
POMPEYDAVE

PostSubject: Re: A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE   A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:21 am

hi, friend had similar car and problem,turned out to be the coil pack.EGR valve doesnt necessary always put your light on as i experienced in a vectra,also big difference in performance/acceleration when egr valve starts to go/gets blocked.couldnt rev much hence slow progress,put new one on and back to normal.
Back to top Go down
streeter

PostSubject: Re: A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE   A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:47 am

hi guys thanks for the tips did the pedal test and no codes came up, the garage welded the exhaust and it sounds ten times worse (w*****s)
my wife to be had a huge row with the dealer we got it from and they tried gettin funny with her, i then stepped in and said i aint bein funny mate but we have had nothing but problems with the car.
I regretably have to tell u guys the bus is going as my mrs got put right off the car now, but good luck with all your buses and for the future of the site
and a big thanks for the welcome and advice u guys gave me
Back to top Go down
POMPEYDAVE

PostSubject: Re: A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE   A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:11 am

hi streeter,sorry to hear the zaffy is going,i fully understand .obviously you"ve been put off vauxhalls on this occasion but what are you intending to go for next ??? dont forget all zafs/vectras/astras/corsas arnt that bad i"ve had 6/7 and all been brilliant in particular my 06 1.6 zaf.
good luck in getting yr next car mate
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE   A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 11:14 am

sorry to hear that mate bt maybe if you have another zaff there may not be any probs at all
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE   A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A FEW PROBLEMS WITH MY 1.6 LIFE ZAFFIE 06 PLATE
Page 1 of 1