vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

cruise control

Go down 
+11
AlanB
stampede
planetse
andromeda411
supersterl
leefowler
CFB
Viking
topladz
nixoro
maddog
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

cruise control - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:21 pm

glad everything worked out in the end.

saved yourself a load of cash there.

local vauxhall dealer wanted £250 to do cruise control for me and i reckon i did it for about £40 plus a couple of hours work.
Back to top Go down
HammY

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:01 pm

andromeda411 wrote:
well, time for an update to my cruise control installation.

wire installed from pin 27 in the UEC to grey cable at clutch switch connector.
installed clutch switch and connected. did all this on saturday.
postie arrived yesterday with new indicator/cruise control stalk. Fitted that yesterday and then thought i would have a little play around with my op-com unit and within 20 mins had set up all the cruise control.
took car for a test run along dual carriageway and everything is working good.Even cruise control tell-tale light working on instrument panel.

all in all i reckon this cost me around £40 plus my time maybe around 2 hours.

so i think it was a success.

Q. did you have to get it programmed (Tech 2 ?) or did it just work ?

I have a 1.6 and thinking about doing this mod. There is no clutch switch Sad so I guess I'll have to get under the dash to hopefully find a plug and possibly run a wire to "pin 27" !!!

Q2. How easy did you find all this ?
- physically fitting the clutch switch - it looks awkward with limited access
- how easy to run/connect additional wire

Q3 . Does 1.6 work fine with cruse control ? (sufficient power ?)

Q4. ye fancy popping down to Edinburgh to do mine ?? Smile

--
HammY
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:33 pm

hammy,

i used an opcom unit to program mine.
was easy enough,the worst bit is removing all the dash and trim surrounding it.
clutch switch is awkward but it does go in. the additional wire is easy to connect/run.
1.6 is not bad. i would not say it is the best but it does the job especially on longer journeys.
Back to top Go down
HammY

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Thanks Andromeda411.

I've decided to give it a try.

Do you have any links/suppliers (ebay ?) for the switch, stick and opcom ?

Will the opcom enable the Trip Computer button ?

Thanks.

--
HammY
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:46 pm

i got all my stuff off of ebay.

on the trip comp. what sort of display do you have in your zaf. is it a 2 line display or a 3 line display?
Back to top Go down
HammY

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:52 pm

andromeda411 wrote:
i got all my stuff off of ebay.

on the trip comp. what sort of display do you have in your zaf. is it a 2 line display or a 3 line display?

It is the 3 x line display.
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:56 pm

i tried with the opcom but had no luck, eventually got tech 2 done as you have to change the code index of your display.
i had a 2 line display and a cd30 but i changed to a 3 line display and a cd30mp3.
have a look at this thread
http://www.vxzoc.com/zafira-b-chat-f30/trip-computer-activation-t584.htm
Back to top Go down
HammY

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:29 am

update:

06 Zafira 1.6 Life: no clutch switch Sad and initially I thought no switch plug located behind the clocks, but I finally found it lower down and only managed to access it after removing lot of the plastic panels, which I'll leave off as it will make fitting the switch easier.

Is there a proper way to get these panels off ? I'm hoping they all easily 'snap' back together.

If you don't find the 4 pin brown plug (with 2 wires) taped behind the dash clocks, be sure to have a good look around.

I have checked the 2 x wires on the plug and got 12V+ on the black wire (with ignition on) and ~1600ohm resistance between the grey wire and ground = so it appears connected Smile and I don't need to run a wire to the ECU.

Just ordered clutch switch and cruise control stalk from eBay, then off to get it activated Smile

Clutch switch £9.99 + £1 p&p
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270570093920&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Cruise Control Stalk £29.30 free p&p
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260585919422&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

--
HammY
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:40 am

i think you still need to run the wire from pin 27 in the UEC to the grey wire of the clutch switch.
but you should double check
i had the plug with the black and grey wire for the clutch switch but still had to run the wire.
Back to top Go down
HammY

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:56 am

andromeda411 wrote:
i think you still need to run the wire from pin 27 in the UEC to the grey wire of the clutch switch.
but you should double check
i had the plug with the black and grey wire for the clutch switch but still had to run the wire.
Did you try activating without adding the wire, and fail ? If not, could you try disconnecting your added wire and see if CC still works & using clutch deactivates. I appreciate if you are reluctant gto try this.

'stampede' indicated in an earlier post that if the grey wire passed some electric to ground it would be connected and good to go.
stampede wrote:
Testthe grey wire out of the plug for resistance against ground (any unpainted metal part of the car). If you get infinite resistance, some wiring is missing. If not, you're in luck.

I'm planning to get some work done with a Vauxhall garage and get them do the activation, if it fails I guess I'll need a return visit after running the wire, or maybe I'll buy an opcom.

--
HammY
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:02 am

oh well if stampede says it is fine i would go with what he says as he is the guru on this.

would involve too much to remove the wire.

you could always try it and see if it works if so good if not then you know you need the wire.
Back to top Go down
HammY

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:16 am

andromeda411 wrote:
oh well if stampede says it is fine i would go with what he says as he is the guru on this.

would involve too much to remove the wire.

you could always try it and see if it works if so good if not then you know you need the wire.

I'll give it a try without wire and update later with success Smile or otherwise Sad

--
HammY
Back to top Go down
adeh

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:20 pm

Seems easyish to do on later Zafs, but has anyone done it on earlier models? Mine's a 1.8 auto comfort, registered on 3rd jan 2001. Any experiences or advice would be helpful, thanks mates

Ade
Back to top Go down
davidmv6

PostSubject: Hi mate, had mine done today ,it is an automatic though, but was told that switch and stalk with tech2 waas needed if manual, guy from Ebay does the job £60 all in for the automatic, great guy and very knowlagable, he has a photo of his Astra on ebay , ju   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:05 pm

andromeda411 wrote:
just wondered if anyone knew what is involved in fitting it?
is there any extra wiring?
also i would probably have to fit a clutch switch.

is this correct

andromeda411
Back to top Go down
smigg

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:06 pm

we just got an 05 zaffy a 1.8life automatic, can CC be fitted to this bus as easily as zaffy b's? would be a great help for the wife who has leg/hip problems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cruise control   cruise control - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cruise control
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3