vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Steering Feel?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.chuffy

Steering Feel? Empty
PostSubject: Steering Feel?   Steering Feel? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi there fellow Zaffy owners. I have an 56 club. I have an issue with the steering feels like it's 'floating' at motorway speeds. Generally it's 60mph+. No feel to the steering and disconcerting. Tyres are in reasonable nick and all joints are ok. Tyres are worn evenly. Anyone help? Steering Feel? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Steering Feel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Feel?   Steering Feel? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:01 pm

welcome to VXZOC ------tyres over inflated at all?
Back to top Go down
mr.chuffy

Steering Feel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Feel?   Steering Feel? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:05 pm

No, not over-inflated. Pressured up to 30psi.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Steering Feel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Feel?   Steering Feel? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:11 pm

do you mean light steering and zaf moves at the slightest touch of steering wheel..
Back to top Go down
mr.chuffy

Steering Feel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Feel?   Steering Feel? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:17 pm

supersterl wrote:
do you mean light steering and zaf moves at the slightest touch of steering wheel..

No, it's weird. I drive a 58 plate Transit for work. The steering on that always feels like your'e on the road. Zafira does until i hit 60ish+mph. I wonder if new tyres would help???
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Steering Feel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Feel?   Steering Feel? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:22 pm

maybe its because your driving the transit and notice the difference...
its like me driving my Zaf and then driving the works minibus ... im always grinding the gears as the clutch feels so hard to push on the bus ,compared to my zaf...yet other guys say the mini bus clutch feels great to them...
plus i noticed that my Zaf A and daughters Zaf B both steer differently too..
Back to top Go down
mr.chuffy

Steering Feel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Feel?   Steering Feel? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:27 pm

supersterl wrote:
maybe its because your driving the transit and notice the difference...
its like me driving my Zaf and then driving the works minibus ... im always grinding the gears as the clutch feels so hard to push on the bus ,compared to my zaf...yet other guys say the mini bus clutch feels great to them...
plus i noticed that my Zaf A and daughters Zaf B both steer differently too..

My wife has commented on the issue also as she drives more than i do. We had a zaf A before this model and i had no problems like this with that. Do you know what treads were fitted upon Manufacture? On the front i have Contis and Firestones on the rear.
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

Steering Feel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Feel?   Steering Feel? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:03 pm

hello and welcome to the site, had my zaf for about 6 mth now, can't say i've noticed anything on mine.
Back to top Go down
mr.chuffy

Steering Feel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Feel?   Steering Feel? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:51 pm

clarky69 wrote:
hello and welcome to the site, had my zaf for about 6 mth now, can't say i've noticed anything on mine.

Cheers. Perhaps it's just me. Will get a set of Continentals or Michelins fitted soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steering Feel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering Feel?   Steering Feel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steering Feel?
Page 1 of 1