vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Wiring Query??

Go down 
+2
supersterl
steve_ti
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steve_ti
steve_ti

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Ive been trying to find an access point for my power leads for my stereo to get from the engine bay and into the car. As of yet Ive found bugger all! Anyone got any suggestions please? Thanks in advance Wiring Query?? Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:06 pm

do you mean for an Amp ect...the only entry point without drilling through the bulk head is a rubber grommet above the accelerator pedal...looking from under the bonnet ,its on the left hand side of the brake servo...i used this grommet to push through my boost gauge vac pipe..look at the bottom pic of this link and you will see where it is..hope this helps..Sterl

https://vxzoc.forumotion.com/how-to-s-f7/how-to-fit-a-boost-gauge-to-a-zafira-z20let-engine-t54.htm
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Cant see the pics mate Sad
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:15 pm

Steve.....click the yellow link above in my original post and the vxzoc how to page will open.. wait for it too display the 2 pics , the grommet is shown in the bottom picture..just checked the link and it is working fine..
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:16 pm

ok will try again mate
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:19 pm

Ah right got it now thanks fella. Just took its time loading lol Will tackle mine on the next dry day. Thanks for the info again mate
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Just managed to take a look at this and its nowhere to be seen :S cant see anyway into the cockpit at all Sad
Back to top Go down
heritage74
Event Manager
heritage74

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:15 pm

its there mate because thats where i put my power cable through it can be quite awkward but you will find it mate
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:24 pm

its to the left of the brake servo ..looking from font of car..depending on age of car you might have a accelerator cable coming through it too...also there is one that lets the bonnet cable through from cabin to engine compartment..

Last edited by supersterl on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:25 pm

cant see it at all fella. even tried running it alongside the bonnet cable but not enough room to get my hands near it. if all else fails, resort to the hammer methinks!!
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:29 pm

another method it too run it under zaf floor and come through a gromet near rear bumper /REAR seats..
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:31 pm

havent got any axle stands or anything so wont risk that one but thanks anyways lol did you push the wire through the grommet near the brake servo with a screwdriver or something then?
also, is there a way to remove the cover by the grommet by the brake pedal at all? again it stops me getting my hand in there
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:00 pm

the plastic trim unscrews (2 screw) by centre consol and has 2 plastic clips that pull out above pedals..to expose the grommet from inside the car.....yes i pushed the grommet out , made a hole in it with a drill bit then slide it over (in my case a boost gauge pipe and a air/fuel gauge supply wire) then fed the pipe through the hole and then pressed the grommet back in with a long thin screwdriver using the handle end ..
Back to top Go down
tomZ20LET
Merchandiser

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:33 pm

Make your own. LOL
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Thanks mate, will have another go tomorrow now
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:28 pm

thats where all my cables go through
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
steve_ti
steve_ti

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:52 am

Had another look and the only thing mine has got there is a gaiter with a piston type mechanism in it for the pedal, so Im gonna give it a miss before I smash the s+@t into it lol Patience of satan me!!
Back to top Go down
IAN74

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:06 pm

i can be like that mate . but did find where sterl is on about if you follow the bonnet cable round it will go out of sight right into the back behind the wheel arch area i couldnt see it without removeing the air flow meter and pipe then with a torch i could just see it but better to follow with your hand . found the small gramet in the bulk head pulled it out and after a few chouce words etc got the cable through into the foot well .
Back to top Go down
steve_ti
steve_ti

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:32 pm

lol yeah thats as far as ive managed to get with mine, just the gromet is being stubborn lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wiring Query?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wiring Query??   Wiring Query?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiring Query??
Page 1 of 1