vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

oil level low

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynchy
Lynchy

oil level low Empty
PostSubject: oil level low   oil level low Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:16 pm

been out all weekend in the bus on the motor way my display kept come up oil level low so paniced a bit and pulled over in the services and checked all ok drove on a bit and was fine then it came back on again this time i ignored it . has this happened to any one else and is there a cure for it
cheers dave
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

oil level low Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil level low   oil level low Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:24 pm

just keep an eye on it my old vec did the same the oil sensor in the sump gets clogged up with sludge i changed the every 6k to stop it
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
Lynchy
Lynchy

oil level low Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil level low   oil level low Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:31 pm

cool thought it was some thing like that it is well over due for a service so think will use a oil flush and see wot happens . thanks for the advice
dave
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

oil level low Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil level low   oil level low Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 pm

What year model is Yours?
This happened to my 2 day old diesel Zafira last July, I took it back to the main dealer and they could find nothing wrong, as I was driving her to Italy 4 days later, as the oil level was perfect told by main dealer to ignore, 3,000 miles and 3 weeks later the main dealer looked again, as the light came on 3-4 more time, and cured the fault by a software upgrade, todate no problem.
Back to top Go down
Lynchy
Lynchy

oil level low Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil level low   oil level low Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Used a good engine flush replaced the oil and filter took out on a 200 mile trip and the light did not come back on thanks for the advice next on my list is to replace the cam belt think going for a gates kit as we get them at trade price at work
dave
Back to top Go down
Lynchy
Lynchy

oil level low Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil level low   oil level low Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:03 pm

been driving the car for a week now every was going ok till sunday went up a steep hill and it came on again think i am going to use some gaffer tape to cover up the display ..lol going to look out for my own diagnostic tool and sort it out
dave
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

oil level low Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil level low   oil level low Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:09 pm

sound like the sensor is shot bud
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
Lynchy
Lynchy

oil level low Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil level low   oil level low Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:21 pm

been thinking that checked it on the scanner at work but no fault codes so if i can find a way of doing away with it i will
dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

oil level low Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil level low   oil level low Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oil level low
Page 1 of 1