vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Fitting Irmscher Grill

Go down 
+2
supersterl
CULLET
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CULLET
CULLET

Fitting Irmscher Grill Empty
PostSubject: Fitting Irmscher Grill   Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Have aquired a second hand Irmscher grill for 06 Zaf,how do I go about swapping them over,and where can I obtain those plastic fixings please ?,thankyou. Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_question
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Irmscher Grill   Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:15 pm

vauxhall for the fixings as your bound to get the right bits and they arnt that dear...

havent done anything too zaf B's in that line yet but i know that there are a few B owners who have changed body parts..
Back to top Go down
Rusty27
Rusty27

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Irmscher Grill   Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:53 pm

There just a straight swap I assume. Mine has torx screws instead of plastic clips. Is it the irmy 1 with the brushed steel strip at the top?
Back to top Go down
CULLET
CULLET

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Irmscher Grill   Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Yes its the grill with metal strip,I have sourced the plastic rivet thingy's from Main Dealer,19p each.I wil have a go at swapping them next week !.
Thanks for your replies !
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Irmscher Grill   Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:06 pm

Replacing the grill takes about 5mins if that, to remove if you have the plastic rivets already feel under the rivet and push the centre pins through trying not to loose them i did this tonight, it can be fiddly but atleast you can re use them.

The lower edge of the grill just clips into the bumper along the lower edge I was able to prise one side and slowly lift and the remainder then unclipped, lift up and it was out.

Hope this helps

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
CULLET
CULLET

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Irmscher Grill   Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:24 pm

Popped the Irmscher grill on this evening !,much easier than I had imagined.My bus now looks leaner and meaner,look out boy racers here I come ! Fitting Irmscher Grill Lol
Back to top Go down
martinh

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Irmscher Grill   Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Fancy one of them grills myself... wheres best to pick one up?
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Irmscher Grill   Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:58 pm

martinh wrote:
Fancy one of them grills myself... wheres best to pick one up?

The Irmscher grilles are very expensive to buy new, however I've just purchased a replica one which looks exactly the same for my Zafira A. It only cost a fraction of the price at £40.

It might be worth ringing LMF Vauxhall to see if they do the same grille for the Zafira B.
Back to top Go down
CULLET
CULLET

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Irmscher Grill   Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:43 pm

Have a look on Ebay thats where I got mine !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Irmscher Grill   Fitting Irmscher Grill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fitting Irmscher Grill
Page 1 of 1