vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Fitting Insignia Washer Jets

Go down 
+6
pyro_maniac
topladz
clarky69
Rusty27
andromeda411
nixoro
10 posters
AuthorMessage
nixoro
nixoro

Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Empty
PostSubject: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:42 pm

I have read on a couple of forums about upgrading the washer jets and so I have bought a set off Ebay tonight, my question is how easy are they to fit?

Does the scuttle need to be removed for fitting or is it done in situe

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:49 pm

the bit where the washer jets are actually pops open and comes off completely and you can access the jets. pop the old ones out.push the new ones in(mine were really tight),connect the pipes and refit. job done.

regards

andromeda411
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:54 pm

Cheers for the advice, when you say the bit where the washer jets are, are you referring to the tray across the front think thats what it looks like apologies for the description, also do the wipers need to come off to do this?

Cheers

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:59 pm

no the wipers do not need to come off. i managed with just removing the tray the washer jets sit in. my one just popped off.

regards

andromeda411
Back to top Go down
Rusty27
Rusty27

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:00 pm

Yep, it's as easy as andromeda says, I had to tap my old ones out with a hammer cause they were tight too, any origional parts u might upgrade in future always try main dealer cause I got these on the day picked em up, £4.51, no waiting around,
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:11 pm

Rusty27 wrote:
Yep, it's as easy as andromeda says, I had to tap my old ones out with a hammer cause they were tight too, any origional parts u might upgrade in future always try main dealer cause I got these on the day picked em up, £4.51, no waiting around,

Blimey thats a good price should've gone to Vx now lol, I got two sets from Ebay posted for £10.98 not bad I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:13 pm

Fitting Insignia Washer Jets 100_0429][/url]
Back to top Go down
andromeda411
Regional Co.
Regional Co.
andromeda411

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:14 pm

hope the pic helps.
just popped out and took it.the whole piece that has the jets in it comes off completely. makes the job even easier to do.

regards

andromeda411
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Andromeda411 many thanks for the pic makes sense now lol just hope post delivers the goods now very soon Smile doing Dads at the same time
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 pm

i'm waiting for mine in the post tomorrow, £4.00 delivered off ebay, cheers for the info and picture, hopefully get them in on wed after work. Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:13 pm

clarky69 wrote:
i'm waiting for mine in the post tomorrow, £4.00 delivered off ebay, cheers for the info and picture, hopefully get them in on wed after work. Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_smile

Sounds like you got a cracking deal you got Smile
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:53 pm

Feeling quite happy LOL just had a call to say my parts have been delivered so bring on the fun when I get home Smile

Its only a small mod but its a start
Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:17 pm

clarky69 wrote:

show us the link i ight have some
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:00 pm

topladz wrote:
clarky69 wrote:

show us the link i ight have some

here you go Adam hope this works

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-INSIGNIA-WASHER-JETS-PAIR-FAN-SPRAY-MOD_W0QQitemZ270559581999QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3efe9b972f
Back to top Go down
nixoro
nixoro

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Fitted them tonight to mine and dads zaf B they work a treat and certainly alot better clearing the screen.

The set I got came direct from a VX dealer and delivery imo was very quick.

Fitting them was easy lol.

Cheers

Roy Smile
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:58 pm

just got mine fitted, nice little job, the hardest part was removing the old jets from their housing, they work really well alot better than the old ones, may need very slight adjustment, but the tools are about £7.00, so might just leave them Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_wink overall very happy.

Just looked at the wiring for the 2nd fog light Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_scratch can anyone give me a starting point please.
Back to top Go down
pyro_maniac

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:11 pm

i fitted the insignia jets to my bus the other week, the new jets are a lot better then the standard one and as said above are very easy to fit, the whole lot only took me 15 minutes to do
you can find the adjustment tool for about a fiver off ebay, makes it a lot easier to adjust the jets with no risk of damaging them
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:56 pm

i must invest in a set of these...
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyMuzik
BigDaddyMuzik

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm

me too
Back to top Go down
cubz

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:48 am

after reading this and seeing the pics im going to get my self a set and fit them sometime soon no doubt ill have a daft question along the way
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Okey dokey, thought i would give this mod a go, blimey Shocked what a difference........some pix.

The standard jets in action
Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Doublejet

The replacement parts
Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Partnumbers

Tools required..Flat head screwdriver and a hammer or mallet Very Happy
Unclip the washer support bracket, this is very easy flexing it shows where the tangs are.
Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Unclip

The existing jets are held in by a little tang, i used a flat head electrical screwdriver to move it out of the way. The next bit - removing the jet is a pig. After much messing about a good twatting with a no 9 mallet did the job and they pop out easily Wink
Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Unclip1

The pipes were also easy to remove with a little leverage from the same electrical screwdriver.
In the great tradition of the Haynes book of household fables.......assembly is the reverse of removal
Rolling Eyes

On completion one of mine would have cleaned the car next to me at a traffic light so a little adjusting was needed. All i did here was make sure the jet was pointed more toward the car where the pipe attaches to it. This seemed to do the trick.

The end result is a lot more staggering that i imagined. For the cost of these things i have no idea why they dont fit them to all cars. One fully misted screen, it cleans amazingly quickly.
Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Mister

Back to top Go down
topladz
Admin
Admin
topladz

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:05 pm

great how 2 alan ive add it to the how 2 section hope you dont mind
Back to top Go down
http://www.vxzoc.com
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 6:30 pm

Good post AlanB
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:34 am

topladz wrote:
great how 2 alan ive add it to the how 2 section hope you dont mind

Not at all, hope its of help to someone.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitting Insignia Washer Jets   Fitting Insignia Washer Jets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fitting Insignia Washer Jets
Page 1 of 1