vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Spare wheel question!

Go down 
+8
lamplighter2
saffy58
samba
mack541
supersterl
clarky69
pyro_maniac
djmighty
12 posters
AuthorMessage
djmighty

Spare wheel question! Empty
PostSubject: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:34 pm

So I have picked up my new bus, and already love it! Pictures to follow soon.

Just having a look for the spare wheel though and cant find one. Am I being stupid?
Should there be one and a jack?

It is 2007 1.9CDti.

Just bit worried that if I was out with the fasmily I could be in a mess.

Any advice appreciated.

Mark
Back to top Go down
pyro_maniac

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:56 pm

i have a 2008 1.9cdti sri and dont have a spare, in the boot on the right hand side cubby i have a compressor and a pot of gunk to reinflate the tyre if i get a flat
not sure if the spare wheel cage can be retrofitted, if they can they are under the car and normally get nicked so need to be locked in with a k-lock or similar
Back to top Go down
djmighty

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:12 pm

Never used that stuff, so would be worried that it would not get me home.

WIll have a look to see what I can get off Ebay. Never had a car with no spare wheel!
Back to top Go down
clarky69
clarky69

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:01 pm

one of vauxhalls strange ideas, apparently once you use the can of foam in your tyre, you can't get them repaired, so a simple puncture could be expensive, new tyre + new can of foam, maybe someone could confirm this.
Back to top Go down
supersterl
Admin
Admin
supersterl

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:08 pm

Daughters 55 plate Zaf B has a spare wheel cage under car and it has a steel spare..
Back to top Go down
mack541

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:27 pm

hi guys

ref the foam we got our bus in 2006 within the first week we had a puncture and like all of you we had no spare so we had to use the gunk, went to vauxhall to get a new can and they wanted £25 my advise if you have to use the gunk dont get a new one from vx or better still fill your tyres with slime its the only thing out there that is rated to 150mph and stays liquid for the life of the tyre

later neil
Back to top Go down
samba
samba

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:48 pm

When my '06 Zafira went, I removed the spare, cradle and jack to put in my '09 Zafira, as I don't like the idea of being on the continent with the family and no spare.
Back to top Go down
saffy58

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi all, i have a 58 plate CDTI SRI XP with 18" wheels & no spare. I had a conversation with my local vauxhall dealer who said they have no spare to create a crumple zone & give it euro N cap 5. I explained that if i got 3" split in the tyre then foam is no good & they said belong to emergency services to which i replied that does not help me in france at midnight on a saturday night. The long & short of it from vauxhall is thats tough, however to answer question yes you can fit cradle from zafira A onto a zafira B & i used a 16" steel from a base model zafira B with correct size tyre to give me a direct replacement for 18" alloy. Oh & don't forget to buy a jack, Down side is scrappys & ebay Know there is a market for these so prices are no longer cheap.
Back to top Go down
lamplighter2

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:24 pm

yes my one does not have a spare as i found out to my cost when my tyre blew, when i asked vauxall re a spare the cost was about £500 for parts and fitting daft idear not having a spare even if it was one of these 50mph a least you could get home or to a garage. as it is if the tyre goes its the breakdown service to the rescue to take you home
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:59 pm

dont pump that crap thats in the boot into your tires as they cannot be mended later it f**ks up the tire,
i fitted a new spare carrier and and new steel rim and put a mid priced tire on total cost was about £150 and are easy to fit as the mounting bolts are already fitted,
i got in my kit,
cradle with mounting nuts, screw up lifting hook, dish with rubber seal that fits in boot floor, safety hook, new steel rim,
all from vaux agent at lincoln.
Back to top Go down
Milly-gsi
Mod
Mod
Milly-gsi

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:09 pm

when the zaf b came out i heard about the no spare and think its blooming rediculus, as above that can will get you home but does fcuk up your tyre so you will be needing a new one its best to do what rick45 has done above
Back to top Go down
rick45
rick45

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 pm

and don't forget to buy a "k"lock off ebay about a tenner.
Back to top Go down
delboy
delboy

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:33 pm

yes the stuff in the boot is rubbish, i too am looking at fitting a spare wheel carrier, cost me £130 for a puncture - tyre and gunk. could retrofit a spare for the same price
Back to top Go down
AlanB
AlanB

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:20 pm

rick45 wrote:
and don't forget to buy a "k"lock off ebay about a tenner.

A right pain in the rear to fit these but definately worth the money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spare wheel question!   Spare wheel question! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spare wheel question!
Page 1 of 1