vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
welcome
vxzoc.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vxzoc.com

vauxhall zafira

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterGalleryLog inDonate

Speedo clocks replacement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

Speedo clocks replacement Empty
PostSubject: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm interested in replacing my boring old black clocks for the white type with chrome rings as fitted in later models like Adams photo below.

Speedo clocks replacement 25072010009

Anyone know if I can buy a set and just swap em over without any bother? Obv i'll be buying the 140 mph version.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:25 am

Can anyone tell me what the highest revs are on the 140mph version, is it 60 or 70?
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:45 am

Right, by searching for "Zafira Design" in ebay and looking at the pictures i've managed to establish that the DTi model has 60 revs / 140mph and the 1.8 version has 70 revs / 140mph.

So I need the 70 / 140mph version.
Back to top Go down
gaz42

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi mate it may be easier to just get the white dial covers and fit them rather than replace the whole thing. Much cheaper aswell Speedo clocks replacement Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:33 am

gaz42 wrote:
Hi mate it may be easier to just get the white dial covers and fit them rather than replace the whole thing. Much cheaper aswell Speedo clocks replacement Icon_smile

I was thinking about getting a white dial kit but I want the chrome rings as well so it doesn't work out very cheap.

White dial kit is approx £30 and chrome rings seem to be hard to get hold of, best looking ones are made by Irmscher and cost £29 Speedo clocks replacement Icon_eek

I'd also need to paint the needles orange so they stand out, not sure what everyone else uses but i've seen some special fluorescent paint on ebay but it's from USA.

So probably easier to buy the ready made Vaux clocks Speedo clocks replacement Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Anyone know if astra mk4 speedo unit is the same as the zafira one? They look very similar in photos?
Back to top Go down
RICHARDSDTI
RICHARDSDTI

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:34 pm

My OPCOM is setup and ready for any members to use.

Sorry for changing topic but what is opcom?????
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:37 pm

RICHARDSDTI wrote:
My OPCOM is setup and ready for any members to use.

Sorry for changing topic but what is opcom?????

Take a look http://opcom.weebly.com/
Back to top Go down
Moonman
Moonman

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 9:22 am

dreamvictim wrote:
Anyone know if astra mk4 speedo unit is the same as the zafira one? They look very similar in photos?

No m8, I've already tried that option. The astra clocks are smaller at the bottom in their depth. You end up with a 1" gap at the bottom between the clocks glass and the dash trim.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:54 pm

Moonman wrote:
dreamvictim wrote:

No m8, I've already tried that option. The astra clocks are smaller at the bottom in their depth. You end up with a 1" gap at the bottom between the clocks glass and the dash trim.

Ok cheers, but do you think it would be possible to take out the dials and put them in a Zafira housing or is it a fixed unit?
Back to top Go down
Moonman
Moonman

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 4:48 pm

With a lot of fiddling about maybe. The zafira clocks use a longer odometer reset button than on the astra clocks so you would have to detach that and reattach that somehow for starters.
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Admin
Admin
Robbo

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Moonman wrote:
With a lot of fiddling about maybe. The zafira clocks use a longer odometer reset button than on the astra clocks so you would have to detach that and reattach that somehow for starters.

Hmmm on older type clocks the reset button was just push fit. Anyone got an old set of astra clocks I can play with Speedo clocks replacement Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedo clocks replacement   Speedo clocks replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speedo clocks replacement
Page 1 of 1